Tuesday, June 2, 2009

~GUTHRIE OKLAHOMA...It's in MOVIES!~

Hello Friends...

Lots of pictures today with only a few words... How odd is that?

Most of you know I live in Edmond, Oklahoma. What you probably don't know is that I attend church in Historic Guthrie, Oklahoma... Every Sunday we drive north about 15 miles to this charming little Town that is actually FAMOUS in it's own right! My hubbs is the Worship Leader at our church and almost without fail we lunch at one of town's cozy eateries (and shop the Antique Malls!) before returning home!


Guthrie is a beautiful town! It has been used as a SET in many Hollywood Movies because of it's lovely old brick buildings and old time feel....

This is just one example of what you will see if you ever make your way through the streets of this dusty Oklahoma Town!

Remember the Movie "Rain Man" with Tom C. and Dustin H.? Guthrie served as the backdrop for the scene that was suppose to be San Francisco! Imagine that!?

Parts of the Movie "Twister" were shot in Guthrie as well...

Know what else? Jessica Alba was just here two weeks ago filming another Movie! How cool is that? Not sure what the name is...I do know crowds of people were everywhere during the shoot...

The Town routinely hauls in dirt to cover up the paved streets...wow! This was one of the original Banks in town...it's now an Antique Shop...great stuff in there!

This is an old house/church...I think! We can never really tell!

Amazing ANTIQUES and lots of fun junk to browse through...


This is a wonderful Pet Hospital...complete with refurbished Coca Cola Sign!

One of my most favorite places to shop! I'd love to OWN that car (DREAM)!

On this picture-taking trip I also snapped lots of pictures of Historic Homes as well. Promise to give you all a peek at those in a few days...

Hope you are having a wonderful week....

Blessings to you as you enjoy your beautiful State...Rebecca

11 comments:

A Southern Rose said...

What a beautiful town! I would love to visit there! The buildings are beautiful. And to have so many famous people filming movies there. WOW!

blushing rose said...

I love the little towns in OK. They are so vintage, spilling with personality. The people are so arm, making visits so worthwhile & memorable. Lovely pics, TY for sharing.

Take a pop over to my blog & visit the young man that is on a journey for the Lord in a new blog ... I posted him for all to tap into. Awesome chap, beautiful words. You'll all love him.
TTFN ~ Marydon

June said...

Hi Rebecca,
I love Guthrie. What charm. All this brick gives the buildings a lot of presence. I love the corner building with the white bay windows. Just lovely. I can't wait to see the homes you photographed.
Hugs,
June

Tanza said...

What a beautiful,sweet,quaint towne Rebecca.. I think I would spend the day there as well.. It reminds me kinda of Old Towne Orange, except these all have such beautiful brick work.. Now, I can say I've been to Guthrie OK.. Thanks for the trip.. Sweeet.. I bet you find lots of treasures here !! Chat more soon..hugs ~tea~xo

Tara said...

It looks like a quaint and loveleigh little old town. Old brick buildings are so unique and special. We have a few old buildings in our town that are antique shops now and they are so neat to go into!

Anonymous said...

What an Adorable community! Actually it looks like our town in Montrose, Pa. Our "downtown" has been preserved like it was in the 1800's.
Beautiful Post!!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

Melissa/Piney Rose said...

Never been to Oklahoma - must venture out that way some time.

A Romantic Porch said...

So beautiful. I feel homesick, though it was my parents and older siblings who called Oklahoma home! Blessings to you today, sweet one! rachel

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Good Morning Rebecca!

How delicious is this little town?? Oh my gosh......it totally looks like it's from "the old days"! I adore antique malls and this one looks fabulous. It's nice to find a diversity of wares that an antique mall will offer. Much better than a singularly owned shop, I think.

Hope your week is going well, you little productive maven you! Holy cow!

Blessings and hugs,
Spencer

mskittyshell said...

Hello - I love your site! I love pink roses and vintage-type decor too - AND....I live in Guthrie! That building that "doubles as a church" was once a lumber company. That little granddaughter is precious! Michele

Anonymous said...

Rebecca: My mother was born and raised in Guthrie and my father was born and raised in Mulhall. Spent a lot of summers in both places while growing up (was born in Guthrie also, but raised in Missouri where I currently reside). The stationary store, McVicker's I think was the name, was one place I remember vividly. Loved going in there and looking at all the books, beautiful stationary sets and sundry office supplies and the city park/swimming pool was great too! Then of course the corner drug store with the soda counter! I haven't been back there in quite some time, but know that there has been lots of changes. Mulhall was all but wiped off the map some years back by a tornado. But I still have lots of great memories and hope someday to make it back that way for a visit. Thank you for the pictures you posted of Guthrie and for such a great blog!

Blog Archive