Monday, June 28, 2010

~OKLAHOMA ESTATE SALE SHOPPING...with Miss K in Tow~

Last Saturday proved to be a busy, busy day for me here at my La Chaumière de Briarwood.  I've been working on new product for my booth space and website, had a house to clean and some gardening I really wanted to do.  That makes for MORE than a full day and it doesn't leave much time for Estate Sale Hunting!  I don't remember a Saturday when I didn't seek out and find at least ONE sale to attend!

It's a ritual...
and
Estate Sale Shopping in the beautiful state of Oklahoma is a fabulous experience!
Anyway, I had our Miss K from 8AM on and I had PROMISED her we would go to the next local sale together.  She of course was itching to carry that COOL Hello Kitty Purse and spend the money sent to her from sweet Julie Marie of Idllyhours.  Sooo....I quickly scanned the newspaper and found a Tag Sale very close to home and off we went.  This one was in a fairly new neighborhood and truthfully NOT my favorite kind of sale to attend.  I sort of prefer the junky ones because they continually prove to have the most amazing stuff!  The homes where people have lived for 40 or more years are rarely purged of their keepsakes and this slummin' gal loves to dig deep...
Now...I'm one of those Nana's who admit to being tightly wound around the pinky finger of their only grandchild.  I loved perusing each and every room with this amazing little girl and she was so well behaved (and that made me sooo proud)!  One rarely sees children at Estate Sales for obvious reasons so you can imagine our Miss K got LOTS of attention.  The pink HK purse slung over one shoulder didn't hurt her popularity either...

Anyway, after going from room to room to room she settled a bit at the table you see above.  Sitting amidst a sweet offering of old china she found a darling little teacup in Robin's Egg Blue.  "I want to get this for my Mommy" she said.  With a price of $4 it was the perfect choice for her tiny budget!
 Off to the check-out table we went....  
The lady you see working the table was helping a friend out for the weekend.  While talking to her I found out she is actually a sitting Judge in Family Court.  Do I need to tell you how happy she was to see a child so loved and cared for?  I imagine this lady has seen a lot!

After we arrived back home and unloaded all our goodies from the SUV...
 (Great finds for ONE sale!)

I settled down for a day of chores while Miss K went about doing her own thing...

An hour or so later she brought me a little booklet she had made me as a present!  
(I edited the front and removed her full name)...
On the inside I found this...
This is what it says~

"Sachet pillows are nice and soft.  My Nana makes pillows perfect.  She is a good pillow maker.  She sales (sells) pillows and other stuff, too.  Her birthday is in December.  She is a great Nana to me.  She is so much fun.  My Papa is too!!  I love spending the night at their house two days or more.  I love my family."

When I think about my life, and all the blessings from The Most High, I can't imagine living my days any differently than I do.
 
Blessings to you as you make lasting memories with those you love...

Love to you this beautiful Monday~

35 comments:

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

How sweet!

Stacey said...

Rebecca this is such a precious post. Miss K looks just darling with her purse and making her big purchase. You are both so lucky to have each other. :)

Patty C. said...

Your shopping buddy is too cute :)

Bunny said...

Nice to see your sweet shopper in training. She is adorable, and just my kind of gal. Lucky you Nana. Love your finds too.

Mosaic Magpie said...

That is one smart 5 year old you have there Sister. Wise beyond her years.
Debbie

Patti said...

Your little angel is SO precious!!!! And I love her note to you. I think it's cute that she says you are a good pillow maker. When my son was little, he used to tell me I was a "good cooker." Such precious words from the mouths of our little ones, huh?

Anyhow, I attended my first estate sale ever last Friday (because of the inspiration of so many of you lovely blogging gals). I came away with a lovely hand-embroidered pillow...and the same thoughts as you have. More than regular yard sales of the thirty-something crowd, I want to go to the homes of the older crowd, where they've lived for most of their married lives and where all those OLD treasures are buried.

Blessings and hugs,
Patti

Anonymous said...

WHAT A BLESSING FOR YOU TO HAVE MISS K TO ACCOMPANY YOU AS YOU MAKE THE ROUND OF SALES! SHE IS JUST PRECIOUS AND I KNOW WHEN SHE IS OLDER SHE WILL LOOK BACK ON THESE DAYS AS SUCH HAPPY ONES! YOU ARE A WONDERFUL NANA!!!
OH...AND WHAT TREASURES YOU FOUND IN THE BLUE FLORAL CHINA PIECES! I LOVE THEM!
HAVE A RAIN-FREE, COOL WEEK, MY FRIEND XXXXX FRANCY

Deanna said...

Dear Rebecca, What a great time you must have had with your sweet Grand! The little cup she bought will hold extra special memories for her through the years and she'll remember the neat time she had with her fantastic Nana.

Her card to you speaks volumes!!!

Great purchases.
God bless,
d

Unknown said...

It looks like you had a good leisurely time spending time with Miss K...making memories, that's what you're doing...making memories...she will never forget these times spent with her Nana.
that's most important.
blessings,
glenda

Unknown said...

What a sweet post! It is so touching to read and see the love in your family. Miss K is a sweet girl and she looks like a very well bahaved young lady. I'm happy the two of you got to spend time together!

(and I love your finds!!)

Hugs,
Nancy

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

What a darling little granddaughter you have!
Her little note was so sweet; I had tears in my eyes....
Precious!
:)
~Becca~

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

How sweet is miss K...Loved this post girl...May you have a Blessed day my friend...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Rita said...

I do not get to see my grandchildren very often, so you are very fortunate to be able to be with yours as much as you do. Glad you had a good time with her.

myletterstoemily said...

oh, what an angel! i love when you
post about her.

if you're ever estate saling in tulsa,
give me a buzz.

blessings,
lea

Celestina Marie said...

Dear Friend sweet Miss K is a blessing and so cute with her purse and making her purchase. She is a thoughtful little girl too to purchase a gift for her mother. Love the letter gift she made for her. Too dear!!

Have a wonderful and creative week my friend.
XO Celestina Marie

Julie Marie said...

Oooh Rebecca... once again, I am totally enchanted by your adorable little Miss K! I am so happy she got to go estate sale shopping with you (and her Hello Kitty purse!)... I'm sure everyone at the sale just fell in love with her... I see she was wearing her little pink earrings I sent her too, how precious! And even more precious is that she wanted to spend her money on her mama! That little robins egg blue teacup is adorable and I know her mama will treasure it always... your love for her shines through in each and every post you create about her... the photos are so cute! And I love the little "sachet" letter she wrote for you...(sorry I missed your birthday in December!)... my letter from her has not arrived yet (the mail is sooo slow!)... your treasures you got are gorgeous! Very nice for just one sale... how blessed you are with little Miss K... please tell her hello from her friend Julie Marie... xoxo "Moi"

Vintage Linen Treasures said...

What a heart-warming post! I love the picture of Miss K paying for her purchase. She is so intent (and adorable). And then the sweet note! No wonder you're so in love!!!

Patricia :o)

PS: And you managed to make such wonderful finds, too!!!

Mari said...

HELLO SWEET REBECCA....

HOW BEAUTIFUL YOUR MISS K IS, LOVE HER SWEET PINK PURSE SHE LOOKS SOOO ADORABLE GOOD BLESS HER :) :)HOW SPECIAL SHE MOST BE TO YOU :) GOD IS GOOD AND HIS BLESSING ARE MANY LIKE YOUR SWEET LIL" MISS K :) SO NICE TO HEAR YOU GALS HAD A FUN DAY SHOPPING!

SWEET BLESSING TO YOU AND MISS K!!
~XOX~MARI

Anonymous said...

Hi Rebecca, Miss K is so beautiful!! She is really enjoying the estate sale, and you found some wonderful things too. Have a great day...Kathy

Oklahoma Granny said...

Miss K looks darling in her shopping attire. What memories both of you made this weekend along with some wonderful finds.

Dolores said...

Oh Rebecca, Miss K's heart and soul are as beautiful as her physical little 'self'.....she's so precious!

Looks like some good finds.....

Ginger said...

Little Miss K is so sweet, I love her new purse. Her smile is the cutest now with a few teeth missing. You are soooo blessed to have a grandchild. Thank you for sharing yours!!!

Hugs
Ginger

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

That note is so precious. I know you will cherish it!

Unknown said...

Oh Sweet Rebecca!
You are soooo simply loved by that precious little girl...and it oozes through her darling words!
Blessings...Lorena

English Cottage in Georgia said...

You are very blessed to have such a smart, sweet granddaughter. She too is blessed to be given you has her Nana.
Continued blessings to you both.:-)

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Rebecca,
What a sweet little granddaughter.
She is adorable and possibly a little junker in the making.

Great finds too. Glad you enjoyed the day with her.

hugs
Sissie

Tanza said...

Oooohhh ~r~,
PrEcIoUs !! I could just eat her up !! I'm waiting for my Hello Kitty purse to come to me, with dollars to go shop !! hahaha .. How wonderfully SwEEt is Julie Marie !! Sounds like you had a wonderful day with Miss K .. you tell her I'm amazed how old, tall, and prettier she has gotten by the day !! Thanks for sharing sweetness my friend ~
HuGs ~TeA~ xo

Rose said...

sounds like a wonderful day.

Sandra said...

Oh my goodness, Rebecca. Her little words of wisdom made me teary. What a sweet child, my friend. The things that our kiddos say lets me know that our Heavenly Father truly is there for us. He speaks to us in mysterious way. Thanks so much for this beautiful post. I hope you're doing great, my friend.
Blessings,
Sandra

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Rebecca, you are such an example of all that is good about family and friends. Has anyone every told you that? I'll bet they have but I hope you don't mind hearing it one more time.
Aren't granddaughters precious? She is adorable.
Mona

Ginny said...

What fun with the little one! I feel that way too about my grand children. I have four now. The newest is 3mos.
I am so blessed in that way! Thnks for your encouraging words on my blog. I am glad you visited.

Jo said...

What an absolutely exquisitely beautiful little girl Miss K is...! Omigosh, she is totally hugable. She reminds me of a couple of little girls I know...! Adorable, adorable, adorable...!

Unknown said...

G'morn, Rebecca ~ How adorable is Miss K! ... & paying for her purchases is so cute. Love that toothless smile! A girl can never start to learn to shop too young! She is getting so big .....

Reminds me so of when Joshua was a wee fella & we went every Fri/Sat to yard sales. He had his own money & had a ball shopping.

Happy 4th to you & your family!
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Rebecca, I was so shocked that I hope I said that I'm thankful she wasn't killed and that I praise God she is alive. Car wrecks are the worst, and I know how concerned you probably are for her. I want to be sure you know that I am going to believe with you that God is placing that hedge of protection around your ENTIRE extended family with everyone you love under the blood of the Lamb. I'm standing with you.

XO,

Sheila

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Precious post, Precious Miss K!

I assume no one DIED that led to this estate sale!?!? LOL

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Blog Archive