Friday, June 11, 2010

~PINK SATURDAY - Lovers of Pink Unite~

VINTAGE TOLE LAMP PAINTED PINK

I've so enjoyed being a part of PINK SATURDAY!  This is my 6th week to participate in this super-fun event!!  I've met lots of sweet new blogger friends and found FABULOUS sites that I just love!  Be sure to stop in and say a big THANK YOU to our Host,  Beverly, of How Sweet The Sound.  I hope you'll make time to visit some of the other participants, too!  You're sure to find lots of pinkalicious pretties and tons of inspiration!

My first offering is the vintage pink tole lamp you see above.  I painted it about 8 years ago and it's one I just can't seem to part with....  It hails from around the 1950's - 1960's.
VINTAGE PINK ROSE PIGGY BANKS

When I was a little girl my mother had one of the smaller piggy banks you see above on her dresser and  I always loved it.  My Gramma bought it for her at a Southern California store called Gemco around 1964.  She paid $1.99 for it.  I bought this Momma and Baby Piggy on eBay and trust me when I tell you they were MORE than two bucks!  :(  After I got them I didn't have any money left to put inside! :( OINK!
SWEET PINK BUNNY RABBIT

Many years ago I made this sweet pink Bunny Rabbit for my daughter, Adrienne.  It sat on her bed for a long, long time...  I keep it in my guestroom and whenever I see it I think of her...
VINTAGE GREETING CARD BOX

I love vintage greeting cards and if I can snag them with their original box then I'm in heaven.  Love those old graphics!  This aging box is new old stock and all the cards were still inside when I purchased it an an estate sale!!  It's from the 1960s and the company that manufactured them is no longer in business.
VINTAGE PINK PERFUME BOTTLE

My big sister sent this old pink perfume bottle to me as a birthday gift one year.  I love it.
VINTAGE NEEDLEPOINT PILLOW

I almost took this sweet pillow apart to remake it into a larger style.  But...in the end I just couldn't do it.  I love it just the way it is!
CHUNKY PINK BRACELET

My last offering for you today is this sweet little bracelet.  It's full of pink glass beads and several of them have tiny roses on the inside!  I love it and wear it all the time....

Thanks for stopping by...hope you enjoyed all my PINKNESS!

Love to you~

43 comments:

Olivia said...

Oh my I just followed Mari over here for your giveaway. So nice and very generous! I love all of your pretty pinks especially the perfume bottle. I also shared your site to a dear rose friend on face book, well I am off to cruise around. Hugs,
Olivia

fannipauline said...

Hi Rebecca, I love all of your
"oldies but goodies". They are fun to see, Hugs, Puline

Annesphamily said...

Rebecca you are such a joy! I love all the pretty pinks you have here! HPS! Come see me soon. More teapot giveaways coming soon! Hugs Anne

Jilly said...

Hi Rebecca, they are all beautiful!!! Thankyou for sharing!
oxoxo

Rebecca said...

Yummy, yummy pinks today! I adore that lamp!!! I finally got my post up about your sweet giveaway. Come by when you get a chance.

Happy Pink Saturday,
Rebecca

Home and Heart said...

So much perfect pinkness!!! Love it!!

Mary said...

Hi Rebecca,
Very beautiful pinks! I love the bunny...what a treasure!
Happy Pink Saturday!

Mosaic Magpie said...

That post tickled me pink!
Debbie

Pamela Kellogg said...

Absolutely beautiful Rebecca! As always!

Brenda ~ The Heminger Farmhouse said...

Hi Rebecca :) As always, gorgeous pinks for us to see! Love them! Happy Pink Saturday to you my friend!

Warmest Hugs, Brenda

Julie Marie said...

Hello Rebecca, your pinks are just beautiful! I especially love the vintage perfume atomizer and also the bunny you made your daughter... love to you, xoxo Julie Marie Oh yes, and I would LOVE a piggy bank like that! I always had a pink piggy bank as a little girl, but I want one like yours, with ROSES!

Michele said...

What a fun pink treasures!! That lamp is cute, and I LOVE the bunny!! Thank you for sharing your "pinks" with us! :-)

Hugs!!
Michele R.(CA)
Luvkittysmeowmail at Gmail dot com
Butterfly Whispers

Unknown said...

So lovely treasures, the rabbit and the pigs, cute cute!

Happy Pink Saturday!
Hugs
Charo

Connie said...

I'm not a jewelry person, but I think I'd wear that pink bracelet, sweetpea! All your pinks are divine and I love them all.
xoxo,
Connie

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

Rebecca, I love all of your pinks! Beautiful post. HPS, Connie

Ginger said...

Love the lamp, the bunny is just darling, is that a pillow it is setting on or a chair, whatever it is just drips in lucious beauty. Everything you touch turns to GOLD dear friend. Love, love, love your sweet Pink Saturday post.
Hugs and love
Ginger

Patti said...

I love it all...especially the lamp...the bunny...the perfume bottle. As one whose favorite decade is the 1940's, I LOVE all things vintage.

Blessings and a happy Pink Saturday,
Patti (Fill My Cup with Beauty)

stefanie said...

what sweet piggy banks...you always have the best pinks!!

Anne Lorys said...

Hi Rebecca!
Such pretty things! I love your sweet little piggy banks. :-)

Have a wonderful Saturday!
Anne

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Beautiful pinks, as always. Thanks for sharing and I wish you a beautiful Pink Saturday weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Oh my goodness, I love your Pinks! So glad to have found your blog! I'm so happy to follow you now!

meandering pearl said...

such precious things!!! i love needlepoint!!!Happy Pink Saturday!!!

Char said...

Oh Rebecca, the bunny stole my heart this morning. I love homes that tell a story of where people have been and what is inside their hearts. Your post did that for me today. I loved it. Happy Pink Saturday, Char

Rebecca Nelson said...

Happy PS, Olivia!

Love all your sweet pinkness today...but I REALLLLLLY love is your sweet blog! It's always a joy to visit.

Love to you~

Rebecca

cottagepinkperfection said...

Rebecca, I always love to see what you will post next. You always make me want to come back again and again. Thanks for sharing pieces of you!

XOXOXOXO
Marie

Carol said...

It is so much fun when you share your pink pretties from that Treasure Trove of yours. The two little piggy banks are so whimsical and sweet, and no doubt in "mint" condition. You find the cutest collectibles, ever!!

Have a great week creating & painting

Carol from
Good 'OL Texas

The Pink Rose Cottage said...

Lovely "Pinks" Rebecca!

~Holly

Patty C. said...

The pink bunny is too cute :)

Becky said...

What a wonderful collection of pinks. I particularly like the perfume bottle and the vintage cards. Lovely choices for today's photos. Happy Pink Saturday!

Vicki said...

Hi, Rebecca,
Your pinks are always the sweetest, and of course, I love that cute bunny!! She would fit right in here at Bunny Cottage. Enjoy your weekend, sweet friend. Love and blessings always~ Vicki

Anonymous said...

Hi Rebecca, i love all your gorgeous pinks!! I love your lamp,and the beautiful needlepoint pillow.All your pink treasures are gorgeous.Have a wonderful weekend, and a big thanks!! Kathy

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

You have the prettiest, softest pinks, Rebecca! I'm especially fond of the chunky bracelet and the lil piggies! I love whimsey!

Happy PINK SATURDAY!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Dolores said...

Hi Rebecca,
I love all your pink offerings today!
Happy weekend!

Mari said...

HELLO SWEET PEA....
WOW!! SUCH BEAUTIFUL PINKS YOU HAVE SHARED THIS PINKY SATURDAY.....
BUT MY VERY FAV IS THAT SWEET PERCIOUS RABBIT YOU MADE FOR YOUR SWEET GIRL :)

SWEET BLESSING TO YOU DEAR ONE~XOX~MARI :):):)

Sarah said...

Rebecca, enjoyed the pinks you shared today. The piggy banks are sweet. I had one of these as a child. Not certain what happened to it.
If you have time, stop by my Pink Saturday post to see some upcoming blog parties.
Happy Pink Saturday! ~ Sarah

Anonymous said...

I love the lamp and the piggies! Too adorable, if that's even possible! Happy Pink Saturday!

Charmaine

Linda said...

Wow-so beautiful and thank you for sharing.

Cinnamonstitch said...

Love your lamp, I remember Gemco, There was one down the street from me, I remember going with my grandma there. Have a wonderful PINK weekend

Beverly said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Rebecca.

Each one of your pink treasures is so pretty. I love every one.

Anonymous said...

What a great post, thank you for sharing. Happy Pink Saturday! Esther XX

Lisa said...

Super Pinks! I love the lamp and the piggies!!!
Hugs, Lisa

Unknown said...

Of course I expect to see the most amazing pinks when I come to your place Rebecca! I know you love the color like I do!
I loved your beautiful makeover on the chest of drawers you recently got. Wow! It looks beautiful now. I knew it would with you holding the brush.
hugs

CC said...

Such beautiful pinks.,,,and those sweet piggies.Just adorable.
Happy belated Pinks..

Blog Archive