Sunday, June 27, 2010

~THOUGHTS ON A SUNDAY MORNING...How Great Thou Art~

The ever lovely, Susan Boyle, does a beautiful version of this much beloved Hymn, How Great Thou Art.  It's first on my PlayList if you'd like to listen to it.

There is no better way for me to start a new week or a Sunday Morning than to thank God, The Most High, for His Goodness!  May your day be blessed!

~HOW GREAT THOU ART~

O Lord my God, When I in awesome wonder,
Consider all the worlds Thy Hands have made;
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.

Then sings my soul, My Savior God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Savior God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!

When through the woods, and forest glades I wander,
And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees.
When I look down, from lofty mountain grandeur
And see the brook, and feel the gentle breeze.

And when I think, that God, His Son not sparing;
Sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in;
That on the Cross, my burden gladly bearing,
He bled and died to take away my sin.

When Christ shall come, with shout of acclamation,
And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart.
Then I shall bow, in humble adoration,
And then proclaim: "My God, how great Thou art!"

Then sings my soul, My Savior God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Savior God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!

Love to you~

19 comments:

Patty C. said...

Have a Great Sunday Rebecca :)
Blessings to you too !!

Julie Marie said...

Beautiful and inspiring as always dear Rebecca... wishing you a beautiful Sunday... xoxo Julie Marie

Rose said...

glad that my computer is working as your post is beautiful. i went to church and this was the start of a beautiful sunday. have a beautiful sunday.

Unknown said...

Susan Boyle does an exquisite job of singing this precious inspiring song ... I sing it as often as no one complains ...

A fabulous way to greet the day ...
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Jocelyn said...

Oh my, how very beautiful! Thanks for sharing Susan's version of How Great Thou Art.

June said...

Dale and I both love Susan's rendition of the beautiful song. Her voice just stirs my soul.
Have a beautiful Sunday, dear Rebecca.
hugs

Unknown said...

Hiya Sweetie!
That is one of my ALL time Favorite Hymns...next to The Old Rugged Cross! Susan's rendition is amazing as is her vocal talent!

Blessings to you my friend!
Lorena

Theresa said...

How great thou art! A visiting fella sang that at Church this morning and here it is on your blog! WOW! Chills!

Hugs to you and wishes for a most blessed Sunday!

Dolores said...

I haven't heard Susan sing How Great Thou Art..... It's beautiful.... thanks for sharing!

Kerrie said...

I love Susan Boyles rendition of this. The kids gave it to me for Christmas. Just love it and bellow out right along with her-ha!

myletterstoemily said...

yes, He is!!

i just found the extra gift you added
to my order from a few weeks ago.

the cards are just lovely!!!

thank you, rebecca,
lea

Sue said...

Yes He is Great Rebecca, I so enjoyed reading the words to this hymn.Hope you are having a most blessed day. I do enjoy listening to Susan Boyle sing.
Sue

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

What a lovely post honey.
So glad I came by here tonight.
Sorry about the Elvis thing but you know how I am sometimes.
Hope your doing well.
Love
Maggie

Barbara Jean said...

Oh I love that song, It is one of my favorites.
And Susan does it so beautifully.. Isn't her story, and voice, amazing?

Glad you liked my self ideas. Just came to me one day.

want to see if you do one. =)

blessings

barbara jean

Deanna said...

Lovely post!

God bless and have a sweet week,
d

Joanie said...

Oh, my favorite hymn!!! What a song of Praise!

God Bless you this week!

Anonymous said...

Hi Most Beautiful Rebecca! Oh, I love this old hymn! At our church we use this hymn with the praise song 'My Chains Are Gone' by Chris Tomlin. Have you heard it? It's wonderful.
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Rebecca,
I love this hymn and play it often on the piano as it was my favorite Uncles favorite hymn.

Thank you for sharing a heartfelt Sunday post.
XO Celestina Marie

My Pink & Cream Cottage said...

Hi Sweet Rebecca...... thank you for this post.... whenever I hear this song straight away I think of my beautiful Grandma....

Lyn xxx

Blog Archive