Tuesday, July 10, 2012

~SHABBY WHITE FINDS - WHITE WEDNESDAY~

~GORGEOUS DRESSER SET~

After meeting with my doctor on Tuesday regarding the pain in my wrists I was feeling a tad bit on the blue side so I decided to do some shopping...
~BEAUTIFUL MIRROR~

NOTE TO SELF:

DO NOT SHOP WHEN YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT SOMETHING!!!!  YOU ARE GUARANTEED TO SPEND TOO MUCH $$$$ :(!  Bahhhhhhhhh.................
~FACTORY WHITEWASHED~

I decided since I was already in OKCity I would drop by a couple of my favorite haunts.  While I was out I stopped off at a new place as well and boy was I glad I did...  Found some wonderful buys at Goodwill and also some sweet little finds at a charming antique mall...
 ~BEAUTIFUL POWDER BOX~

I fell in love with this vintage dresser set...  I've never seen one like it before and it came with the dresser mirror, hand mirror, brush, comb and powder box for one money.  I'm keeping this little beauty for myself.  It is a present from my Mr. AGPMan to ME (he just doesn't know it yet!)... :)
~SNIFF...MISSING THE PUFF!~
~BEAUTIFUL VINTAGE HANDKERCHIEFS~

Found a few hankies still with the original labels attached and also a dresser scarf with lovely old crochet work....couldn't resist bringing them home with me, too!
~LOVELY CROCHET DRESSER SCARF~

Not sure what I'm going to use the crochet for...maybe a pretty pillow or two....hmmmmmmmmmmm...

A couple of days ago I heard from Karen from My Desert Cottage regarding the Where Blogger's Create IV Party that launches this Saturday.  I wasn't planning on joining in this year because not much has changed about my creative space...but after chatting with her a bit I decided to participate again this year.  So...this Saturday I'll be showcasing my home-based studio.  That means I've got a lot of pictures to take...  More soon about this!

I'm linking up with Kathleen over at Faded Charm for White Wednesday!  Hope you'll pop over and see all the beautiful WHITES showcased each week!

Hope your Wednesday is awesome!

Love to you...
 

17 comments:

White Lace and Promises said...

Been waiting for your post! Wondering how you are doing and how the appt went.

Love the vintage vanity set! Love the white!

Take care of yourself!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Oh Rebecca....I am sorry you are concerned about your hand and wrist....I had carpal tunnel when I worked at the post office..braces helped me a lot, but as soon as the repetitive motion quit...it was gone. I hope you can get some relief...I know it is painful....
Pretty finds...as always!

Cindy The Victorian Journey said...

Rebecca as always enjoyed my stroll through your blog.. Your knack for placing the best pieces in the best places for the best photo op. As always enjoyed my stoll and the music. Hugs, Cindy

Marilyn said...

Beautiful set! I'm so sorry about your pain. Mine seems to be in my back. Don't know what I lifted or moved around, but I sure am stiff this week. Could it be blamed on our lovely cooler weather? It's been so pleasant to be in and out of the house during the day. Take care, sweet friend.♥♫

Tanza said...

Hi my sweet ~r~,
I'm sooo sorry about your wrists bothering you !! Ouchers for sure !! Sniff Sniff for you !! :(

Okay, for the pretties .... Oohhh my GOSH !! Now, you KNOW how your friend has been wanting (begging) forever for a set !! Remember !! You snagged a gorgeous set !! Baahaaa ... Loving it !! Now, my only hope is ... Mr. AGP says Nooo ... no more presents for you !!! Okay, soo I know that's not going to happen, when you tire of them .. remember TeA .. okay !! You really hit the jackpot !! I AM happy for you tho !! REALLY !!

You know where I get my puffs .. Victoria Secret ... they come little or small in their powder boxes .. pretty,pretty sugary PiNk !! Smell sooo yummy too !!
Enjoy your treasures sweet one .. talk to you real soon !!
Love to you ~TeA ~ xo

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful finds Rebecca!

Was the Dr able to help you any concerning your wrists? I do hope so- it must be very concerning with all the beautiful things you create with your hands.


So glad you are showing off your beautiful space- never tire of your pretty rooms! I finally have a little space of my own to show off this year- not as done as I would like to be but going for it anyways!

bee blessed
Mary

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Hi Rebecca, so sorry your having trouble with your wrist... hope it's better soon. Now boy did you find some sweet treasures, love it all.
Hugs~~~ Daphne

Unknown said...

Beautiful treasures you found there sweetie, See ya at the Party with Karen. Hugs and I hope your wrist feel better soon:) Hugs and love Marilou

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I am loving all your finds--everything is so pretty and feminine..just the way I like things!

Susan said...

Rebecca, Carpal Tunnel is painful. I am so sorry you are dealing with that pain.
Your finds are beautiful. I always love visiting your blog!

Unknown said...

I love all your, 'finds'. I hope all turns out well with the doctor's report. when I radically changed my diet, my aches and pains went away as well as the stiffness in my hands and the pain in my wrists. I look forward to your pics for, 'Where Bloggers Create'. I just don't know if I can get it together in time!

Susie said...

Rebecca, Beautiful things , and so nice of the Mr. to get them for you :):) I love little gloves from the fifties too. Smiles, Susie

NanaDiana said...

I will be anxious to hear what the doctor says about your wrists. It might be carpal tunnel or it might be reactive arthritis...both of which are treatable. Here's hoping for a quick diagnosis and treatment.

Love Mr's gift to you- he did a good job picking it out (wink). Is it white or a silvery color? Whatever it is I have never seen one like it before- xo Diana

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Thanks for the visit! Hope your wrist isn't a serious issue...
LOVE the vanity set and the little jar! Very pretty and sweet hubby.
Warmly,
deb

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Rebecca.

Hope your wrists are okay!
Well, you did reward yourself with some new treasures and that will sooth the feeling a tad blue I guess.
Lovely items and also the lace work.
Have a great day and nice weekend ahead of you. With love,
Mariette

katydidstitches said...

Rebecca...I'm so sorry to hear that your wrists are still bothering you. I sent you an email a couple of weeks ago concerning my experience with trigger points and carpal tunnel. I don't know what your doctor has recommended...and I don't want to tell you what to do...but trigger point massage, along with a mostly organic Paleo-leaning diet has made a tremendous difference for me. Also making sure that I consume enough water and SALT each day. I'm able to sleep now without the numbness and pain waking me up. You may want to discuss some of this with your MD...might help you avoid the surgery.

Kathy

Melissa/Piney Rose said...

I love the dresser set! It looks like Gresco - they made frames, pincushions and such in the 50s I think. I recently sold a Gresco pincushion, and I currently have a Gresco hibiscus frame that looks very much like this (but it isn't white). So sorry that you are having wrist problems - hopefully they can get you all fixed up. Maybe some wrist splints and rest will help before considering surgery.

Blog Archive