Monday, December 28, 2009

~WELCOMING 2010 - LET YOUR LOVE FLOW - MIZPAH~

~HAPPY NEW YEAR 2010~

Here we are...counting down the days until another New Year begins. I can't believe it's almost time to tell 2009 goodbye! I so hope it was a wonderful year for each of you! But, knowing how life can be sometimes, I'm sure there are many of you who are not sad at all to see it go...

Despite a few unexpected lows, 2009 was a good year for me and my family. I have much to be grateful for... And so, I spent much of my evening hours jotting down each and every good thing that came my way over the past twelve months. The good always outweighs the not-so-good...for this I'm unbelievably thankful!

For the past several days I've been following the Blog of a local woman who tragically lost her spouse of twenty plus years in a terrible fall last November. Her pain is raw and grief has overwhelmed her and her children. The husband of this beautiful woman's youth was too young to pass from this earth and it is in times like these when I admittedly do not understand some of the things that my God allows. Her name is Saundra if you can spare some time to pray...

Additionally, I've felt a bit overwhelmed for I just learned of the passing of my hair stylist of six years. Michael Porter. Mister Mike, as I called him, was a breath of fresh air to my Mr. AGPMan and I. While he snipped and clipped we'd chat like two old hens as he worked his magic on my very thin, mousy brown hair. I never tired of his witty humor and his passion for life held me captive. He will forever be remembered as the person who transformed my beautiful girl into a princess on her wedding day and her attendants into real belles... I already miss you, MM! I'm glad your suffering is over...

A frosty winter storm blanketed much of Oklahoma and we celebrated a simply lovely snowy-white Christmas! I've so enjoyed having my Baber home for several days in a row. We've been busying ourselves with the packing up of holiday memories while closing out yet another chapter in the book that has become our life.

Every time my heart drifted off to thoughts of Saundra and her profound loss I held my guy just a bit longer and spoke just a bit sweeter. "If there but for the Grace of God go I...".


Several years ago I heard the words to an amazing little song called Mizpah (Let Your Love Flow Like a Fountain). With lyrics long forgotten, I stumbled upon them recently while looking for some special Christmas music for a party~

It always makes me soooo happy to have the exact words I'm wanting to say fall directly into my lap... It happens to me ALL the time. It does!

My God is a Faithful God. May He bless you and cover you with His Wings in 2010.

May Your Love Flow (Mizpah)
Byron Walls


May your love flow like a fountain
May your days be free of doubt
May your life become as effortless
As breathing in and out
May you always complete what you begin
May you never have so much that you’re a slave to what you own
May you always have the wisdom to leave well enough alone
When dark clouds close around you
May you feel God’s light surround you when you pray
When you need someone to guide you may you know
God walks beside you all the way

May you always wake up cheerful
And give thanks for everyday
Know the love that you receive
Comes from the love you give away
May your faith become a soft place when you fall
May you always bring to life whatever is in your mind
If good is what you’re looking for may good be what you find
When dark clouds close around you
May you feel God’s light surround you when you pray
When you need someone to guide you may you know
God walks beside you all the way

With a grateful heart~
Rebecca

28 comments:

Eclectic Chic Style said...

Beautiful song Rebecca, I am going to have remember those words. Beautiful words as always too, you always leave me thinking. I have missed you my friend!!! Come by soon and give me a big hi and hug!!
Hugs to you sweet one!
♥ Teresa

Anonymous said...

I am so sad to hear of Sandra's suffering. A dear friend of ours passed in June, very suddenly & he left a wife of 20 years. She too was devastated..... Life can be so hard. Why?? Who knows....
We loose... we gain.... this is all part & pacel of the plan.
Wishing You & Yours a Wonderful New Year!
Marilyn
xxoo

Catherine said...

Thoughts and prayers to your neighbor - how horrible. Thank you for sharing the words to that song.......sometimes one hears/sees thing just when they need to.....you started my day on a good note!

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Rebecca...
You expressed yourself very well. Glad it was a good year for your family, but sorry for the loss of your hair dresser, and mourning with your blog friend. Life and death are all part of life they say, but the death part is hard to take, because we create little irreplaceable holes in our hearts for those that leave. Two years ago I lost a grandson, and his little hole in my heart is still there. Enjoy your new year, and God bless you and your family!

Dolores said...

Oh sweet Rebecca, You really have a way with words; your grateful, uplifting and loving spirit is so appreciated!

I'll add Mister Mike's family,Saundra and her children to my prayer list.

The words to the song Mizpah, are so beautiful! A beautiful wish for each one in the New Year.

Thank you for being such a positive influence!!!!
Love,
Dolores

Tristan Robin said...

What a thoughtful and contemplative post.

Thank you.

GwendolynKay said...

Beautiful lyrics. Thank you so much for sharing and I love your thought provoking post. I think I will sit down sometime today and make a list of all the things I am thankful for from 2009.
Blessings!
Gwen

Barb said...

Dear Rebecca, your post has touched me. I am now going through a painful time of not understanding God and what He chooses to do...these last weeks have been some of the most difficult of my life but I know God will bring me through. He has never failed me and oh how much that thought comforts me right now.

I will pray for Saundra. I lost my first husband suddenly and I know her pain.

Also, so sorry about your hairdresser. Sending many prayers.

Happy New Year and all of God's blessings.

XOXO,
Barb

karen said...

very pretty song. My prayers are with your friends and love ones. I hope someday I will find a love like my mom and dad had and you and your man and the friend who lost her love. I will never give up hope that God will bring me my one true love . The last one sucked. :)

Jeannie B. said...

I have just discovered your blog. I love Roses and things old fashioned so I am delighting in it. I have borrowed the poem to post (with a link to your site) on my blog. I hope that is ok. If not, let me know and I will remove it.

Thanks you for the smiles you gave me as I read your posts!

Anonymous said...

What a simple sweet song this is indeed! I love finding lyrics which are not to wordy but still all inclusive to the feeling I want conjured up. Lovely song Rebecca. Hugs.Tammy

Unknown said...

G'day Rebecca ~ We never know what God has in store for us from one second to the next ... treasure each precious moment/second we have as if it were our last.

Sad to hear of your friends who have gone before us too soon.

The song is beautiful ... may your day & new year bring you a lift from the sad spots in life & fill your heart with joy & love.

Hugs, TTFN ~Marydon

Rita said...

Oh so young. We have no promise of tonight, much less tomorrow, so we should take advantage of the now. Our prayers are for your young friend. What beautiful words that you found in the song. We need words like that to take into a New Year! Bless you, Rebecca!

Sue @ Not the Good Scissors! said...

This is such a beautiful song. In some ways it really says it all. I will have to look for it and listen to it.

In many ways I always look at the New Year as a time to grow. I don't necessarily make resolutions. It just seems to be the perfect time to reflect.

I will keep Saundra in my prayers. The poor thing. I cannot even imagine what she must be going through. It sounds like this has been exceptionally hard for her. I know you will keep a watchful eye on her. It sounds like she needs it.

xxoo, Sue

P.S. Thank you for the special Birthday wish. I felt a little twinge of guilt when you said we need a picture of me. Those are hard to come by. I am always the one behind the camera and when there is a picture of me...it is horrible. I really do take a bad picture. I don't know why because the person I see in the mirror is not the person in the picture. However if you want to pop back over to my blog I do have a recent picture at the top on my sidebar. I moved it up there just for you! I really did :)

Tanza said...

Hi my ~r~,
YEP !! God is faithful my sweet friend !! We NeVer know what tomoorow may bring, and I continually pray for strength and wisdom in EVERYTHING !! Great words to dwell on ~ hoping all is wonderful with you, and you, feeling nothing but blessed !! I too, cannot EvEn believe this year is closing its' door !! WHAT ?! 2010 .. Wowsers .. thanks for your sweet touch on my little space, and we'll chat more real soon.. go kick your feet up little girl ~
Big hugs ~tea~xo

Cottage Rose said...

Hello Rebecca; I am so sorry to hear about you new friends loss,, I will keep Sandra in my Prayers,, and for the sudden loss of your friend,,, my Prayers are with is family too... God Bless them all.... I hope you have a very Blessed New Year....

Hugs;
Alaura

Anonymous said...

Dear Rebecca, Thank you for you kind email. You have a lovely blog! Very femanine!
Also, thank you for pointing out the need to pray for Tiger Woods and his family. It seems it is even more important because I don't hear of much change in their situation. I think of the lives affected and the souls that have not made Christ their Hope and Salvation yet. There two small children need to know that Christ is their Peace and Hope for their lives. We all know of people entering this world as babies, and people leaving this world either sudddenly or after an illness. We all will face our Creator and have to give an account for our lives. So my heart and prayers go out to all that either do not know or do not truly understand what Christ Jesus has done for us! He loves us so much! God bless you Rebecca and your family!!! :)

Cathy said...

Valentine's Day is right around the corner! Yup, it is.

Please join me in my very first "Amour Valentine Swap". It's going to be easy, peezy and so much fun.

Just drop on over to my blog for the details, then send me an email if you'd like to participate. The more the merrier.

Thanks,

Cathy

June said...

Your posts are always a special blessing to me Rebecca. I feel happy and contented when I come here for a visit. I'm so glad you came into my life in this year 2009. Prayers for your friend in these days of loss and sorrow.
hugs and love to you my dear

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Sweetie...
How beautiful this is. I so love to come and listen to your stories. You are good sweetie. I mean really good.

I wanted to thank you for the little cookie cutter. It came yesterday, and I have not had a chance to come over and thank you. I so love it, and will cherish it always. I have decided not to open it. I just cannot bring myself to do so. It is the only piece that I have of you, and I want to cherish it forever. Thank you my sweet friend. I so love it.

Please pop over and say hi. I have listed a new set of tributes tonight, and I think you will find them interesting. I love you sweetie. Have a beautiful day tomorrow. Please stay warm, as I hear it is snowing all over Oklahoma.

Country hugs and so much love sweetie...Sherry

Stephanie said...

I'm so glad I came by today. What a beautiful post. Makes me think! and the words to that song are so perfect. I could read and re read them. Thanks for sharing them!
Happy New Year!

Tara said...

The words to this song are beautiful. I am sorry for the loss of your friends. The unexpected always comes as such a shock, but then sometimes so does the expected when it happens. I will say a prayer for both of their families.

I, too am ready for another new year, I think! Happy New Year Rebecca and may it be full of wonderful things for you!

My Pink & Cream Cottage said...

Happy New Year Miss Rebecca, I want to thank you for your friendship & all the kind, loving words you have spoken to me this year.... I KNOW in my heart 2010 is going to be MY year....

Love always...

Lynxxx

Amy said...

Thank You so much for these words today.
This last year has made me question "WHY?" many many times but I know there is meaning in it all and god has a plan.

Sue said...

Hello Dear Rebecca,
as always your posts inspire, and encourage me, what beautiful words to this song.
And how thoughtful of you to reach out to Saundra, and for reminding me of how precious life with our loved ones is, I think I might be holding mine a little tighter tonight too.
As I have been away for a few weeks enjoying time well spent with loved ones I find that catching up on everyone is so wonderful. I really enjoyed reading your post on Life Lessons , wonderful just wonderful. You not only are gifted with your hands in creating but you are gifted in writing as well,
Just so blessed.

May you and your family have the most blessed New Year.
Sue

Stacey said...

Happy New Year to you Rebecca. Sending hugs your way!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Dear Rebecca,
I am so very sorry for your friend's loss. I know exactly what she is going though. Losing your mate or child or any loved one is such a difficult thing!
Only time..the healer and knowing you are not alone in your pain and that others care is about all there is. God is always there. Always. We never walk alone.

I hope your New Year brings wonder and joy to you and your family, Rebecca.
You are one of the most caring and loving people I have ever met.
I will stop in on your friend. Nothing will ease her pain but at least she will know we are thinking about her.
Many hugs and much love to you..
Mona

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

p.s. I'm sorry, I thought you had posted her blog and you had not. All I can do is send her healing thoughts of love.
Also...that song is lovely. It says so much..thank you for posting it. Beautiful!

Blog Archive