Monday, October 8, 2012

~B IS FOR A BANNER OF BLESSINGS~

Are you getting your FALL on?  We are sooo enjoying the cooling down from the high summer temps here in Oklahoma.  The weekend weather was brisk and we even had the pleasure of some rain.  I'm loving it and so does the parched land here in the Red Earth State.
A few days ago I shared with you my plans of transforming some heavy-duty paper tags (found at TJMaxx) into a sweet message geared at celebrating God's Bounty.  Since I'm not really a paper-crafter I wanted to keep the design simple.  I opted to reproduce the back of an old cabinet photo and use it as the framework for a new Fall Banner.  A few capital letters (Georgia Font) were chosen for the center and spell out the word
B*L*E*S*S*I*N*G*S
 Using my computer (PhotoShop) I stretched out the original photo frame to better fit inside the tags pre-set size (previously painted and lightly distressed).  Then the individual letters were added before being printed out in a sepia ink on a soft white ground of heavy card stock paper.
After cutting and gluing the letters onto the front of the tags I tied them onto gimp cording (measured to fit) with rayon ribbon/tape.  They easily slide on the coring making placement simple and fast!  

I skipped using any glitter on this project!  I'm loving the fresh and uncomplicated look of the Banner across our fireplace screen!
 
Reworked my Coffee Table Basket this year using shreds from a vintage dictionary that was literally falling apart....  White pumpkins...white fruit...grapes...yummmmmmmmmmmm....

~~*~~
Here's a little thought that may speak to you today...  I'm always in need of this timely reminder~

"WHEN YOU ARE FULL OF YOURSELF, GOD CAN'T FILL YOU!"

Certainly something to think about as we enter into another Harvest Season.

Thanks for stopping by and for your sweet comments last week.  I'm doing better.

Love to you...

15 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Sooo pretty Rebecca!... I love your Blessings banner and also your Harvest basket with the white pumpkins and such... I will try to remember your beautiful quote... I hope I am never "full of myself"... also hope you are feeling much better, xoxo Julie Marie

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Rebecca,
Just the perfect banner...I love it! Everyday is a blessing. How is your kitchen coming along?. I hope your feeling better.
Sending love and hugs, Elizabeth

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I love your banner, Rebecca! Great find on the tags at TJ Maxx; I guess you can find things you might not think of there. I haven't been in awhile. Your Fall basket looks lovely ~ so soft and calming.

Donna said...

Your Blessings banner is gorgeous! I love how you recreate items.
Your Fall basket is beautiful with all the "whites".
Glad you are doing better.
Hugs
Donna

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

You are TOO a paper crafter! It's a wonderful banner!!!
Glad you are feeling better.
Warmly,
deb

Yasmin Smith said...

So glad you are up and about and feeling better!
I love your banner...it's simplicity is what is so pretty about it...neat idea to pull it across the fireplace!!
I also love your basket of white fruit!! I think it looks really classy...you have such clever ideas.
Box about to leave my house..
I hope the rest of the week is good for you!!
Love and hugs, Francy

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Love your banner and that sweet pile of neutral fall decorations--so pretty!

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Rebecca,

You are genial for thinking up such a PERFECT use for those tags from TJ Maxx! Looks just perfect. For me there is never a need for glitter; less is better!
Hugs to you,
Mariette

PS loved the quote!

sunnyskiesandsweettea said...

I love how the banner turned out! And the quote is one I need to put out to see, all of the time.

Blessings,
Amy Jo

Blessings from Cindy said...

Beautifully simple & elegant banner and decor, Rebecca. The quote is so true, but being reminded is a good thing.
Blessings,
Cindy

Mari said...

Rebecca your banner turned out gorgeous my friend ;)
Oh so happy to know your feeling better ;))

Hugs~
Mari

White Lace and Promises said...

I think you should make some of these banner and sell them! I want one!!!

Where on earth did you find the white fruit? Did you spray paint it or find it this way?

Hope you are feeling better. Have missed you.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Gorgeous! Just GORGEOUS. And you ought to make those banners for your esty shop.

Loved your BEAUTIFUL harvest basket, too.

I am so, so, SO glad you are feeling better. I just listened to a teaching from a favorite Bible teacher, and it talked about the importance of rejoicing. And you do that SO well. SO well. And I am rejoicing for and with you that God is seeing you through to a complete renewal.

Love you, my friend.

XO,

Sheila

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Your banner is stunning! Thank you for the inspiration. I saw your guest post at Mary's Meanderings and was so impressed with all your great tips and tricks. Your booth looks fabulous. Happy to be a new follower:-)

Barbara Jean said...

Love your banner....and that sweet little pumpkin basket.

love and hugs
barb

Blog Archive