Wednesday, October 10, 2012

~RECIPE KNOCK-OFF...MIMI'S HONEY BRAN MUFFINS

Since I've been HOLD UP in my home since last Thursday (and climbing the walls) I decided I would do a wee bit of baking to welcome the crisp, cool days of Autumn.  Honestly...unless my Miss K is coming for the weekend or something special comes up (like a birthday), I stay far away from sugary treats for health reasons.  Yeah...I know it makes life a tad bit boring and if I tell you the truth I miss eating all the fabulous stuff out there.  Still, on occasion my Mr. AGPMan and I will gobble up something decadent even though we don't do it very often!
When I do fall off the Weight Watcher's Wagon I find my weakness is bread.

Bread anything and everything makes my heart sing!
If it's made with flour, well, I'm a gonner. 

Last week my daughter Adrienne and I treated my Mother to a birthday lunch at Mimi's Cafe.  Mimi's has incredible goodies and I especially love their Honey Bran Muffins.
Curious as to whether the recipe was online, I started searching and came up with a recipe knock-off that sounded pretty close to their popular
BRAN-FILLED-CONFECTION!

The comments were good so I decided to make up a batch!

Well...MY!  MY!  MY!!!  Not only are the Muffins moist and delicious, but they are a really, really close match to those found at Mimi's Cafe!  I'm in honey-bran heaven.  

The recipe I used comes from THE LAZY WIFE'S GUIDE and you can find it HERE!

HAPPY BAKING and HAPPY EATING!  BE SURE TO GET YOUR EXERCISE IN ON THE DAY YOU INDULGE IN ONE OF THESE SCRUMPTIOUS TREATS!  THEY ARE LOADED WITH FAT AND CALORIES!!! 
(~but.oh.so.yummeeee.~)

(I know...I know...I just HAD to say that, huh?)

ENJOY!

Love to you...
 

8 comments:

sharon's shabby creations said...

Hey Rebecca,

mmmmm i wish i could come and visit your house then we eat together muffins!!

Hugs sharon

Barb said...

Looks so yummy, Rebecca.

I have thought of you so often of late as I stand at my Studio sink and paint. I have been bitten by the white paint bug. Ha.

Big hugs, Barb

NanaNor's said...

Hi sweet friend, When I saw the title of your post I was so excited because I love bran muffins. I can't have Mimi's because of the flour but I could tweak the recipe. When I was little my mom, on Saturday's during grocery shopping, went to the bakery and got Prune Bran Muffins-I so loved them! I am going to the link and see if I can print out the recipe.
Thanks for sharing my friend.
Hugs, Noreen

Tanza said...

Hello my ~r~,
You are sooo funny !! Come see me, and I will get you LOTS of these !! Aren't they the yummiest !! Especially with a bleu cheese walnut strawberry salad !! That makes it a healthy lunch .. YES .. Sooo happy you found these to make .. They look just like them too .. Bet your pretty, cozy home smelled sooo good !! Nothing beats baking smells in the fall !!

Love you sweet girl, and hope you are feeling better ~
Hugs ~mee~ xo

Jenna said...

oh, those look so good Rebecca...I'm going to have to try them once I finish my pumpkin donuts...I'm a gonner when it comes to anything breadish too...LOL! Enjoy your evening! hugs Jennifer

Unknown said...

Rebecca, these look so yummy. Thank you for steering us to the recipe.
Hugs to you,
Mary

Judy Ann Lincicum said...

Rebecca, years ago, Mimi's put their recipes online and I made copies of quite a few. I believe somewhere in my recipe archives I have the original recipe for bran muffins and some of their soups and salads, If you would like to have them, I will dig and find the recipe for bran muffins. Just let me know. Judy from Arizona

Jilly said...

Thank you for the recipe link Rebecca, I shall give them a go they look very yummy!
I hope you and yours are well today; I love coming over to your blog it is like stepping into a beautiful tranquil world! A place of rest; the music is so soothing!
How do get the music on your blog?
oxoxoxo

Blog Archive