Monday, October 1, 2012

~A SWEET GATHERING...Train Case Makeover~

When you don't see me listing new things on my  A Gathering Place Website it's because I've taken special orders and those always keep me busy!  I'm always grateful for the sure-to-get biz and these days I don't hesitate to push custom orders to the top of the line! 
I finished the makeover on this sweet vintage Train Case (Gathering Case) late last week and today it's being shipped to it's new owner.  I've lost count how many Case transformations I've made over the past twenty years...I can almost do them in my sleep now.
The pink rose fabric used for the interior continues to be one of the most popular prints chosen!  This Case has a soft pink ground with hand painted pink roses!  Vintage lace trim, old ribbon and a bit a bling help to make it a keeper.  Hope the new owner loves it (thank you, G!).

Over the weekend I finished up a huge batch of Christmas Ornaments for my online shop and Etsy and eBay!  Hope to have them on sometime this evening...maybe in the morning.  Sugared with glitter I'm loving how the vintage images shine!
They started out just blocks of wood!  After a bit of work they turned out like this: 
 I don't have them photographed yet, but tomorrow I'll show you the ones made using soft white paint and vintage French images and graphics.  Soooo fun!
Hope your Monday is great!  Today is my mother's 78th birthday!  My daughter, Adrienne, and I are taking her to lunch at Mimi's so I have to scoot!  

Love to you...

18 comments:

Lululiz said...

That beautiful case makes my heart beat faster, I am sure the new owner will be thrilled to bits with it.
Happy Birthday to your mother, I hope you all have a wonderful time together.

Denise said...

You are so talented!What a gift you have been given.Your Mother is so pretty.You are blessed to still have her.Denise

sunnyskiesandsweettea said...

Happy Birthday to your mother! I would love to have one of those train cases! One day I just might...

Blessings,
Amy Jo

Donna said...

Gorgeous case! The owner is so lucky to be able to purchase this beauty. Your work is wonderful.
The ornaments are beautiful as well and can't wait to see more.
Happy B'day to you mother!
Hugs,
Donna

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Rebecca,
I have always love your train case makeovers..The roses are so pretty my sister loved pink roses I think this is why I am so taken with them.
Happy Happy birthday to your beautiful Mom, may she enjoy many many more happy birthdays to celebrate with her family.
Sending love and hugs, Elizabeth

Mari said...

Hi my friend, wishing your beautiful mommy a very happy birthday ;)
I loveeeee your train cases, I never ever get tired of mine, it still makes my lil ole heart go pitter patter ;)

Smiles~
Mari

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Rebecca,

Once again, happy birthday to your Mom!
Sure I'm glad I got that lovely rose fabric too for my train case; LOVE it!
Your ornaments look incredible, judging from their starting point.
Hugs to you,
Mariette

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Happy birthday to your Mom! Your sure have been busy--your Christmas items look so pretty in pink. That little suitcase is precious. Gotta get off now before my daughter starts complaining about the depressing music...LOL!

Blessings from Cindy said...

The case and ornaments are just beautiful, as is your mother! Have a wonderful week!
Blessings,
Cindy

Ginger said...

Please tell your momma Happy Birthday from me. LoVe your sweet ornies. So sweet. I so love your train cases, you do such a lovely job on them.

I am so enjoying the pink polka dot apron I bought at your booth.
Hugs
Ginger

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Rebecca, the train case is simply gorgeous! You always do such a fabulous job of doing them up just right and I'm sure the owner will be thrilled down to her tootsies!
Your other creations are sweet as well, all glittery and pink, just the way I like them.
Happy Birthday to your lovely Mama! I hope you gals all enjoyed her day out. Have a lovely week, sweet friend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Pam said...

Hi Rebecca. You are such a talented designer! Love the train cases so much and the colors you chose are gorgeous! Love your blog each time I visit...Tell your dear mom I said Happy Birthday. I know you will spoil her for me! xo's Pam

Tanza said...

Beautiful !! Miss ~r~ !!
Okay, I HAVE three of these !! Don't you think that would be enough !!! They are each sooo beautiful, the talent you have been given in creating is simply amazing !! You are blessed sweet one ~
Always love ~Tanza~ xo

Anonymous said...

Hope your mama had a great birthday! Loveley train case, my dear!

Brenda ~ The Heminger Farmhouse said...

Happy Birthday to your mother! And your newest Train case is just beautiful! I cherish the one that I purchased from you a few years ago ~ holds many precious mementos of my parents. And I just ordered one of your new pretty xmas ornaments ~ looking forward to seeing the ones done in white :)

Warmest hugs, Brenda

Yasmin Smith said...

You KNOW how I love your train cases!! I have bought four of them over the years! The one you just finished is gorgeous! I am sure the new owner will love it.
I think your ornaments will be a big hit....I love the ones you showed us!
Please tell your pretty mother "Happy Birthday" from me. I know she will enjoy lunch out with two of her girls!!
Sending hugs to you,,,
Love, Francy

~CC Catherine said...

Oh Rebecca, I absolutely adore your train cases...so lovely. I'd use one for vintage love letters that my grandfather wrote to my grandmother while he was in WWII. I'm sure every person uses them for something special. You are a brilliant creator...and this is just PROOF! :) You take after your DAD... ;)

White Lace and Promises said...

Your mom is beautiful! Email me the cost of one of your small carrying cases. Iwould love to have one for my pink room

Blog Archive