Wednesday, July 15, 2009

"LOVE IS..." and Other Things That Matter

"Love Is...letting her have her say
even if you don't agree"

Well now...isn't this special!? (Personally I'm really LOVIN' the 'hands on the hips' thing...)~

Can you believe that Wednesday has rolled around again and it's time for another peek at one of my "Love Is..." clippings!

Now...you must remember that this little clippy was inserted into one of the love letters my now hubby (but then boyfriend) sent to me when we were just dating. I'm thinking he was a bit ahead of his time...

Either that or he seriously THOUGHT he could 'reel me in' by being soooo agreeable. I'm thinkin' now he must have certainly BELIEVED I would probably marry him LONG BEFORE I DECIDED I would.

One of the things I love about being married to my Mr. AGPMan is that I've never had to worry about the value of my voice. We agree on most things (mostly him with ME! :)~ But, on the RARE occasion that he doesn't happen to LEAN MY WAY he USUALLY just raises an eyebrow or two (go look at the picture AGAIN!) and mumbles..."H-M!" (um...that would be High Maintenance).

Isn't couple-hood just grand???? Good thing my guy knows whose BOSS!

Blessings to you as you share your mind and speak your thoughts in peace...Rebecca

10 comments:

Martha said...

Hi: Thanks for visiting my blog. I live in La Crescenta, Ca. It is between Pasadena and Glendale, right in the hills. It is a very lovely old community. It is always so good to meet a Believer. Your blog is so nice. All those clips you have of vintage things. I wish I knew how to do that! I am still working at this blogging thing. It is so much fun! Talk to you soon, Martha

Anonymous said...

MM HMM, INDEED! BOSS HERE TOO, ISN'T IT NICE *GIGGLE* LOVE THE NEW BLOG BANNER TOO :)

Rebecca Nelson said...

To:VBC (Heathe)....Can't BELIEVE you noticed I changed my banner with new artwork. You are sharp, girl! I was CERTAIN no one would notice!

I'm such a SLY THING...NOT!

Hugs to you...
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Let's see... We will be married 41 years this coming Monday!! In our Wedded Bliss (ahem..) he is boss & I let him think that way!! LOL!!
Great Post... I really enjoy your Wednesday commentaries!!
Love Ya!!
Marilyn
xxoo

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Rebecca, thanks for the smile!! What a wonderful way to start the day!
Blessings~Sharon

Connie said...

Cute, sugar! The 2 most important things a man can learn from being married is saying "Yes, dear"! It never fails. Of course, I use those words on Love Bunny a few times also.

I also need to take lessons on rose painting from you, sweetpea. I cannot get my roses to look like that! *Sigh*.........

xoxo,
Connie

Sue @ Not the Good Scissors! said...

My husband's favorite thing to say is..."Well, I have to ask Mama Bear". When I hear that I know I am about to make an executive decision :)
xxoo, Susan

blushing rose said...

Chuckle, you are so clever & cute with your writings, Rebecca. My DH usually says, 'let me check with her' & HM (high maintenance) has been part of his vocabulary upon occasion, too. May your day have peace & joy return ... Hugs, TTFN ~Marydon

Barb said...

Hi Rebecca, wonderful post....always thought provoking.

Ron and I are both strong willed people with strong ideas about life but both are us have always felt our voices are heard. We talk....so important! The value of it cannot be understated.

Blessings this day,
Barb

Anonymous said...

Rebecca,
Thank for the encouragement...Love the thoughts...Thanks for stopping by the other day...Summer is a busy time for me...don't seem to blog as much but I try to do catch up when I do...About this events on July 24th...can you tell me what that all about...sound interesting...Can't wait to see your creatives gifts..:D Thanks again...love ya..Smiles and Hugs Katherinellen

Blog Archive