Monday, May 9, 2011

~PINK ADIRONDACK CHAIRS ARE COOL~

~PINK ADIRON CHAIRS ROCK~

Ever since my Mr. AGPMan and I purchased our white Adirondack chairs from Tuesday Morning a few years ago I've wanted to paint them pink!  But, at the time we were in the middle of planning our girl's 2007 wedding and so the very thought of squeezing in ONE MORE THING during that crazy-busy summer was out of the question.  They were white and would remain white.
 Now~I'm quite sure this made my guy VERY HAPPY.
 Me?
Not so much!
 ~HOT PINK ANYONE???~

And so...for the next four years they remained void of color.  I suppose for many that would have been just fine, but, given the fact they were probably made in China (Boooo!) and were coated with this cheapo and totally pathetic sub-standard white paint (I'm thinking it might have just been colored water!) :(, they haven't fared too well.
 ~PINK PEPTO PAINT~

Combine their lack of quality, heat from the blazing hot sun, sprinkler and rain water along with our Oklahoma wind (you know...the kind that comes "SWEEPIN' DOWN THE PLAIN") we ended up having a real mess on our hands.
~HOW ABOUT TURQUOISE???~

And so...over the weekend when my husby pulled our chairs out from winter storage you can imagine my despair...  They were a totally crummied-out and at first I was terribly vexed.  

Until....
 ~IN DIRE NEED OF PAINT~
~PINK PAINT TO THE RESCUE~

I realized that because they were in such terrible condition and in need of a really good repaint job I had a GREAT EXCUSE for changing them to PINK! 
 ~EVIDENCE OF DUSTY PAINT~
~PALE PINK PAINT RULES~

Early this morning I was already on my mission!  After sanding and sanding and more sanding I've managed to get the first couple of coats of PINK PAINT applied to the footstool portion of three chairs! 
~TRANSFORMATION UNDERWAY~

As soon as I finish with all the painting I'll be sure to post pictures of their makeover!  Our lawn and garden area is sure to be stylin'!

Now...in case you are a BIG Do-It-Yourself-er, I found these neat picture-plans online and thought I'd pass them along!  Pretty detailed and not for the faint of heart for sure...
 ~ADIRON CHAIR PLANS~

Hope you have an awesome day!  

Love to you...

23 comments:

Sherri B. said...

I wasn't too sure I would choose for myself, the first 'hot' colors you showed, but I really like the light, hint of pink you used in the end, very nice!

Deanna said...

Dear Becky Sue,
loven' some pink!!!! A wonderful color. The chairs will be very comfortable to sit in. Neat design.

Pink is it....growing more and more in luv with it.
Thinking of painting my formal parlor a really, really, really pale pink.

Lil miss will have a pink room before the year is out.

Will be putting pink geraniums out by the porch this year.

So i am a pink lover these days!
grins and God bless,
d

ShabbyESP said...

Have fun and I can't wait to see the end results of your hard work!!!
Suzann ~xoxo~

A Southern Rose said...

Your chairs are gonna look amazing with that soft pale pink. I have two of them on my porch that are white....now I'm a liitle tempted to paint them pink. :) Just have so many other projects going on to keep me busy. I still haven't made the door shelf that I saw on one of your previous posts. Maybe I can get around to that soon.Can't wait to see your finished chairs!

Hugs,
Lee Laurie

" SHABBY JUNK" said...

I am adding alot of color to the outside of my house this spring. I like the turquoise and pink both. Just painted my mailbox pink and added some stain for a antiqued look. Painting my watercans different colors too! Go for it!!! judy

Anonymous said...

You GO, girl friend!! You're gonna love the chairs a pink color!
My front DOOR is the color "hot pink" of one of your choices!! My hubbs painted it that color without a complaint, and it is gorgeous! I found hot pink hydrangers at the plant store and potted them to place next to the door.....they look fabulous!!Pink is such a HAPPY color, it lifts your spirits just to look at it...
Show us your final results, I know it will be beautiful...
Have a fun week....Big hugs, Francy

Gypsea Nurse said...

Rebecca~ Love all the colors! I have been in this situation...and I will admit.. I have ran the gammet on the color scale!
But it is sooooo much fun!
Smiles~
cricket

Shabbyprimdelights said...

That is the prettiest pale pink ever. These are gonna look great when finished.
have a great week,
Michelle

Marilyn said...

Pink chairs would be divine! I need to sand a small table and a dresser, so I thought I'd just put them outside in the wind and let the blowing sand do the job! Of course, the furniture might be 50 miles north of here by the time it was ready to paint! And I'd have to find it first. ♥♫

Blondie's Journal said...

I love the shade of pink you are using! They are going to be beautiful and I bet you have the perfect fabric in your stash to whip up some matching cushions!! Go for it!

XO,
Jane

NanaDiana said...

Could there be anything more perfect than light pink lawn chairs? I can't wait to see them done and "in place". Glad you had such a wonderful Mother's Day! xxoo Diana

Linda said...

You have got the touch girl...and I know they will look wonderful when you are done with them!

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Of course you will paint the chairs pink, I am surprised they escaped the AGP paint brush for this long, can't wait to see the finished project!

Carol

Rita said...

Can't wait to see your "new" pink chairs!

Dolores said...

Oh my, the chairs are going to look to pretty!!!

Maria said...

Hi Rebecca!
I just love the way that first chair looks! It's the kind of chair that would call my name on a sunny afternoon... "bring tea too Maria and just sit ~ look at the sky and watch the clouds drift ... listen to the birds sing..."

Now these chairs have me daydreaming!

Have a sweet week, Rebecca!
*Maria

June said...

Oh I think my husband may just be facing a big surprise when it comes to our adirondack chairs. I love them in pink! Ours are in need af a fresh coat as well.
I LOVED the beautiful picture of all you beauties in your previous post Rebecca sweet! SO cute! I hope your Mother's Day was perfect!
sending big hugs...

Theresa said...

Our lawn furniture is in need of repair and replacement, not cheap either! Love your pink and can't wait to see them all painted up! Have a blessed day dear Rebecca, HUGS!

Anonymous said...

Love the pink,but I really love that turqoise!

I painted mine flat black but added color with the turqoise table,come take a look!
~Jo
LazyonLoblolly

Kerrie said...

I love this post, you made me giggle! We settled for the molded plastic Adirondack chairs in yellow, love them! Blessings and hugs, Kerrie

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Love the soft pale shade of pink you chose. Pepto pink would never do! And I can just see some of your Rebecca-licious pillows in them!!

Love and Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

ShabbyBoutique said...

You go girl!!! :) Paint them chairs pink. My back deck I painted a really soft aqua floor and white rails. I got the colors from a Lovely vintage tablecloth that has aqua pink roses and a touch of red here and there. So I then painted the outside of my french doors a really pale pink with aqua trim. And then of course made some pillows for the chairs and tables and such with the pink roses and aquas and hint of red here and there. I'm not a big fan of red, although I had tons of it in my french country days, but I do like the hints of it with the pink and aqua. Gives it what I like to call "Shabby Retro Cottage". LOL

Can't wait to see them when they are all done. :)

Passionate for White said...

Pink against the green grass is going to look stunning!

Blog Archive