Monday, March 12, 2012

~PAINT TILL YOU DROP~

Happy Monday!
Hope your weekend was fun and productive!

As I shared with you on Friday (gosh...was it only Friday???) my guy and I had plans to hit the Tag Sale Circuit by way of Oklahoma City!  We had a wonderful time junking around and spending a wee bit of quality time together.  We visited many sales and returned home with lots and lots of super-neat treasures.

Some for me.

Some for you!
 ~QUITE A HAUL~

I spent most of Saturday night reminding myself WHY I have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in my right hand.  Moving a paint brush back and forth
back and forth
for hours at a time will wreak havoc on the wrist! :(

Today I'm showing you some of the things we picked up on Saturday and a few items snagged over the previous few weeks.  All have been painted up in either white or cottage white. 
 ~SWEET NEWER BOX~
 ~FABULOUS SLATED BASKET~
~NEAT METAL PLANTER BOX~
~HANDMADE TACKLE BOX~
~VINTAGE PICNIC BASKET~

I haven't decided what to do with this great old picnic basket yet...  I just love it so much and this is the one thing I've pretty much decided NOT to paint.  I love it as-is.  Besides...I have three other baskets that are painted!
~VINTAGE TRAIN CASE~

My favorite find of the day is this fabulous vintage train case.  This case is a tiny little thing and I have great plans to transform it into something sweet and French.  You'll have to wait until Wednesday (that is..if I can get it together!) to see her makeover.  She is small and petite and came with the original key still attached to the handle.  WHAT?  I don't think it was ever used...only minimal wear to the top edges!  SCORE!

This week I'm working on painted items for my A Gathering Place website.  Some of the things you see pictured above will be offered for sale.  Many will include hand painted roses so don't worry!  Those of you who have written me asking if I'm going to stop painting the answer is NO!  Not ever!

Hope your day is wonderful.  It's going to be 77 degrees here in my town today and that makes this Cali-Native-Girl very, very happy.
Gentle rain is always welcomed!
But...
STAY AWAY SNOW!

Love to you...

16 comments:

NanaDiana said...

It looks like you had a wonderful, gathering day! Love all your finds but I know that you are particularly excited about the little train/makeup case. I can't WAIT to see what you do to that. You are amazing!!! xo Diana

Anne said...

I am spying some really great finds.Love those painted pieces.You have been very,very busy.

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Rebecca,

Glad you came home happy and with some new treasures. You do live in a great area for finding nice things!!!
Love to you and good luck with your Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
Mariette

Julie Marie said...

Love all your new finds Rebecca, and so glad you and Mr. AGP had quality time together... nothing better!... oh do leave the picnic basket original!!! You will be so happy this Summer that you did when you and Mr. AGP fill it full of yummy things to eat and sit out on a blanket in your backyard surrounded by flowers and have an old~fashioned picnic!... xoxo Julie Marie

Jill said...

You really scored on everything! They are so beautiful. Just love their make overs and can't wait to see the train case!

Ginger said...

You found some great pieces. Can't wait to see the finish products. Excited for your reopening too.
XO
G

Unknown said...

Wonderful treasures.....can't wait to see the little train case.
xojana

Unknown said...

I am swooning over the metal planter and that mini train case! We are having 70 degree days too! Loving it :) Pedicure time!
xo
Roselle

Lynn Stevens said...

Great finds. Love all the white!
hugs Lynn

Mouse said...

oooooo I likes them alll .... and glad you didn't paint that last basket too as it is lovely with out a wee bit of lippie on ..lol
wish we had something as good as these sales ho hum may be one day :) love mouse xxxx

Theresa said...

WOW, you hit the jackpot:) Can't wait to see what you do with your treasures! Have a blessed day dear Rebecca, HUGS!

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Rebecca,
Oh no you have carpal's, I do too..so I know how you feel. Painting will for sure make your fingers and hands numb and tingle with shooting pains, no fun at all.
I love the box painted and sanded to cottage it up, very pretty I love it. I like the picnic basket left natural too. Hows the kitchen coming along?. Have a sweet day and rest you hands OK.
Big hugs, Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

I love all your little finds!! Also, the beautiful aprons you've been working on are fabulous. Dying to see what you do with your site. I noticed the pic change on your header.... love it. I'm finally done my craft room. Good gosh this stuff gets out of hand quick eh? Goodness. Found things I had bought in double even triplicate, gasp, which I hate to do. But now I have them all neat and tidy. It's a good day to make something!! Hugs. T

romance-of-roses said...

Rebecca, all your finds are treasures. Wow, you certainly did score. Good idea to keep the basket in it's original finish, love the little train case. Hugs...Lu

Lisa said...

Rebecca,
You did get quite a haul! Love the boxes and can't wait to see the train case!

Char said...

I am amazed at how fast you manage to get things done. Wow, you are on a roll, that's for sure. Makes me realize I need to get busy!!HA
I do have to say that I just finished six pairs of jammie bottoms for my twin grand boys, so I guess I am "doing" something. :)
Love the boxes, but the basket takes my breathe away. As a weaver, I can certainly appreciate a fine vintage basket.
I know that whatever you decide doing, leaving it as is or painting it, the beauty will show.
Love the patina age gives it I must admit.
Be well Rebecca and can't wait to see it all done,
Char

Blog Archive