Monday, June 3, 2013

~WHEN IT'S JUST GOTTA BE PINK~

~SIMPLY FABULOUS VINTAGE DESK/SECRETARY~

Last April I shared with you pictures of the vintage French Desk you see above.  I snagged this little beauty at a local thrift shop and ever since I lugged her home she's been patiently waiting for her turn at a makeover.  Her bones were great from the get-go and that is always a good thing!
~ORIGINAL CONDITION - NOT SO WONDERBAH!~

But...what's up with that paint job????  No offense to the local person who MAY be reading this or anything~but it was kinda nasty....

(I'm just sayin'....!)
The entire thing (inside, too!) was painted a buttery yellow and it had sage green trim with raspberry roses (?).  Doesn't sound too terrible, but in the end the look just didn't work.  Probably why it ended up at the local thrift.  She was a perfect candidate for a transformation in my opinion!  My Mr. had a few minor repairs to do before I could get started...you know, loose drawers, wobbly legs, etc.  Once he was finished I went to work de-glazing her (liquid sand) and then adding two light coats of primer (Zinsser).
~GREAT OLD APPLIQUE~

Now...I truly believe I'm in the WHITE PHASE of my life and I rarely EVAH paint things pink anymore (gasp!).  I still love pink like I told you a couple of days ago...just am liking whites BETTAH for now!
~DAINTY LITTLE DRAWER~

Anyway...the more I looked at this darling little lady she just screamed out
"PAINT ME PINK!"

And so...I did!
~SOOOO ROMANTIC~

I used a very soft pale rosy pink paint on this lovely old find.  I actually took some of my trusty pale pink paint (same pink I've used since I started in this biz!) and added just a wee bit of yellow to it and some glaze.  Ended up being the perfect mixture!  Finished her up with some gentle distressing and some clear wax.  Tahhhh Dahhhhh!  DONE!

Now...if I can find ROOM Miss SecreTERRY is destined for my booth at Serendipity Market in Edmond, OK!

Hope your week is wonderful!

Love to you...

14 comments:

NanaDiana said...

You took UGLY and made it BEAUTIFUL again! I just love it and that sweet light pink is perfect for her. Love it~ xo Diana

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I love it--the legs are so pretty. I would have bought that in a thrift shop too :) Now that you fixed her up all pretty I am sure she'll sell fast!

Jilly said...

They are adorable Rebecca! As always!
Jilly oxoxo

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Such a pretty little desk, Rebecca! I like her new look very much. Little desks are on my list of furniture pieces to keep an eye out for. Of course, now that I want to find them, I won't! : )

Julie Marie said...

She is sooo beautiful Rebecca... and of course, I am loving that she is PINK!... xoxo Julie Marie

Bente said...

I love this little desk. You made it perfect. All the small rooms, love it.

Hugs

Carolyn said...

Wow! So pretty!!! I love the transformation and the pink is just what she needed!!!

Hey Rebecca, your pretty music playlist is gone! :( Is it possible to look for it on the site that you created it? I don't remember the names of the songs but the songs were so soothing!

xoxo Carolyn

Unknown said...

soooo pretty. love the top opened up to reveal all the nooks and crannies inside :) gorg!!! xo

The Quintessential Magpie said...

That is lovely, Becky! You did good, girlfriend!

I have a request... please remember my MIL in your prayers. We got a report today that is not what we wanted to hear. I know that God is bigger than any old report.

XO,

Sheila

Lady Pamela said...

Of course your little desk is fabulous, but what stood out for me was the teacup with roses. Love the tiny vignette. Going to Pin that one for sure.
*Hugs*
LadyBug

BrushedByAnAngel said...

It turned out so pretty. I'm partial to those pretty cabriole legs. it should sell quiet quickly.

So happy to hear the tornadoes did no harm to you and your family.
Brenda

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Rebecca,
Comparing the before and after; you did some great work on her!
Hugs,
Mariette

Sandy~Romantique Inspirations~ said...

Hi Rebecca,

Love the desk in pink and the perfect shade of pink too.

Hugs~

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

As always I love how you make something over and it turns out so pretty.
Been thinking of you and wondering how your doing.
Hope all is well
Love
Maggie

Blog Archive