Sunday, June 2, 2013

~PRESSING ONWARD~

 Because of God's immeasurable grace and goodness, somehow my Mr. AGP Man and I, along with everyone we love, escaped the latest round of storms that ravaged Oklahoma last Friday.  Aside from our son's fence being knocked down and power outages, everyone is safe.  

I can't begin to tell you how devastated I feel when just driving around Oklahoma City.  Our beautiful Red Earth State is battered and bruised and now she is also flooded.  People are hurting...some have lost everything...their homes and their lives.

Even though I'm not a native of Oklahoma I've grown to love her deeply over the past twenty-five plus years.  My children live here...my parents are here...my heart is here...most of my adult memories were created here.  The thought of everything we hold dear in this life being ripped up and blown away in the twinkling of an eye is almost more than I can personally comprehend.  And so...I don't try to understand it because it is beyond me~

Right now we are all trying to heal.  Trying to find strength to move beyond the rubble and trust God with our tomorrows.  Easier to say than to do sometimes.  Still...like our friends on the East Coast who have survived the worst of the worst, we will too.   God has promised to never leave or forsake us and I am trusting in His Word.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers for Oklahoma.  We need them.  We need you.

Love,

16 comments:

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I am so thankful that you and your family are alright. Time will heal...God is Good.

Art and Sand said...

I have not suffered like those in Oklahoma, New England or other spots around the globe. But, it saddens me to see all the devastation. The only thing I can take away from it is that we must treasure one another because "things" can be replace. And some families don't even have their loved one to treasure any longer.

My prayers are with all those who have had their life turned upside down.

Unknown said...

I have been looking off and on all last night and today to see if you posted. I am SO GLAD to see you here today! Prayers have been answered for your loved ones. All safe! But at the same time I am so sad for all the other people involved with loss. Especially with the loss of life. Prayers said that the storm season ends soon and you can get on with a "normal" life. Hugs, Teresa

http://thankfullga447 said...

You have said it all, your state is always in my prayers.

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Thanks for posting. Have been praying for all of you that way. It is hard to imagine how one goes one. But being able to be here to be thankful is all that is necessary.
Brighter days ahead, we here in Iowa are celebrating SUNSHINE, it's been on a long vacation and water is still standing many places. We have recovered from last years drought.
Have a blessed weekend

Unknown said...

So very glad to see your post today! Was praying for you and your family when I heard the news and even tho I live in southeast Oklahoma, my heart hurts for your area and all that were affected. God is good and merciful and loves us so very much, I will always hold fast to that. I'm not a blogger but have been following yours (my fav!) for awhile, and when I read your posts it's like keeping in touch with a dear friend, strange as that may sound! I pray for strength in OK to carry on and healing for our land. Blessings to you and your family.

Bente said...

I have been thinking very often, that we have to be very thankful that we don`have storms like that here. I feel so sorry for all of them that lost their homes or family members. It`s so terrible.

Wish you a nice and safe new week.

Hugs from me

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I can't stop thinking about it either, and I am so thankful that you and yours are safe. My mother in law's house was hit by a tornado a few years ago, and she was in it and survived. It damaged the roof, but the interiors fared well. My cousin's mother in law lived one block away, and she had it much worse. But she was out of time and out of harm's way. So seeing this really hit home, but this was compounded by the fact that it hit a school. I do pray for all involved.

NanaDiana said...

I immediately thought about you when I heard about the devastation(s) that have hit Oklahoma. My prayers are for all of your state. God bless and keep you~ xo Diana

Maryellen said...

Glad you are okay. I am praying for you all. Being from New Jersey I now can understand. It takes time but you will recover. We are not 100% back but making progress . . .

We see signs everywhere JERSEY STRONG.

Sending love to you all:

OKALAHOMA STRONG ! ! !



Anonymous said...

Praise God! I'm so glad you and your family are okay!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Unknown said...

Rebecca, thinking of you and your family in all of that devastation so glad you are all safe. I am keeping Oklahoma in my prayers daily.

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Rebecca,
You are indeed a lucky family.
May God give all others the strength to overcome this...
Hugs,
Mariette

Trisha said...

Oh God Bless you Rebecca, and your family. So glad you all are safe through yet another round of storms. Will keep you all in our prayers, and the others who are hurting.

White Lace and Promises said...

GA is praying for Oklahoma. Our church took up an offering last week. I asked prayer for you and your family on my facebook. I am so thankful that you and your family are okay and grieve for those who were not. Prayers continue.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Whew!!! Goodness kid you dodged another bullet, lets hope the worst is over..Always in our prayers

Carol

Blog Archive