Thursday, June 6, 2013

~YOU JUST NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU WILL FIND~

 
 I've decided you just never really know what all you'll find while out thrift store and tag sale shopping.  Every time I think I've seen it all I realize there will always be something new offered up for sale at one of our favorite haunts...
I was just getting ready to walk towards the checkout counter when a large cart was wheeled out to the store's floor.  And guess what was on it?  Well if you said three large plastic bags each filled with 42 natural paper gift bags you would be right!  They were manufactured by DMD and it is beyond me how so many ended up in one place...maybe a closed gift store or something???
Anyway...I grabbed all three bags because in the nano-second that passed since I spied them and picked them up I had already decided they would be fabulous in my little booth space stamped with vintage ephemera images, etc., across the front... 
And so...I hauled them all home along with lots of other fabulous things as well.  Just ask my Momma and my Miss K (they were both with me!)  Lots of fun ideas were running inside my head as I drove home!
Now...if you are wondering about the price...and I knew you would be...here it is:
Each plastic bag was $1.99.  That's $1.99 for 42 bags or $5.97 for 126 bags. 

I know.  I know.

I KNOW!

Can't wait to play around with the bags when I have a little more time.  They will be perfect for the holidays...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Hope your day is wonderful.

Love to you...

11 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I LOVE them, Rebecca! The images look great on them, too. They stand out so nice and crisp. Please don't tell me you put these through your printer ~ I am so afraid to put stuff {i.e. fabric, tissue paper} through ours because my husband also uses them for work.

Marilyn said...

Too bad that I always have to drive a ways to shop--but, living out in the country is where I belong! Otherwise I MIGHT find something interesting once in a while. However I have a theory, all the good stuff must be sent to your store from all across America so YOU will find it. Yep, that has to be it! Have fun decorating them all!♥♫

Anonymous said...

Great find! ♥

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Good morning sweet Rebecca!! These bags were meant to be yours! wow, how perfect, and you are just the person who should have them, and make them bee -u-ti-ful!!! Have fun playing with them!! Hope all is well in your little corner of the world. so glad you are safe and sound, after all these terrible storms!

Love to you,
Debbie xxoo

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Rebecca,
You just happened to be there at the right time; right place!
Hugs to you,
Mariette

Bente said...

The bags looks fantastic after your makeover. You are sooo very creative, dear Rebecca.

Have a great day

Hugs from me

Maggie said...

once again, SCORE!

(are the images added with rubber stamps or ?? They look wonderful!)

Lady Pamela said...

The bags look amazing after your special touches. They will sell very quickly. And as gift bags they are totally re-usable and good for any occasion. Great job!
*Smiles*
LadyBug

Linda said...

How wonderful! They look so pretty...and what a fantastic price!!!! I think God gave them to you as a special blessing! Love, Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Rebecca, I would have never grabbed them if I saw them....Nope would have never jumped to fancying them up...What a great idea!

Carol

ileyssilver said...

Only you would find these Rebecca.What an amazing find.

Blog Archive