Monday, March 2, 2009

BETHANY ANTIQUE SHOPPE REVISITED


Over the weekend my hubbs and I took a little drive to our old college stomping grounds to do a little shopping! Bethany, Oklahoma, is about 20 miles from our home and truly has some wonderful little Antique Stores and Thrift Shoppes where one can make for a fun day of shopping! The stores always seem to house the most interesting finds and I never come away empty handed. They seem more than happy to take my money, too!

Several years ago, long before my eBay days, I rented a little “nook” inside one of the Shoppes off Main Street. I sold mostly vintage linens, handmade pillows, pretty rose dishes and even some painted furniture. I loved those days of peddling my wares and had such a wonderful time decorating my space. Even now when I visit the room I once leased it’s fun to see the painting of pink hydrangeas and rosey-pink grapes I painted on the PALE PINK WALLS! The artwork is still there after ten years! I’ve included a picture of how the room looks now for you to see…TEN YEARS ago…Wow!



On this trip I found the most delightfully sweet things! My favorite though has got to be the gorgeous hand crocheted, natural white coverlet I snagged for $26. I couldn’t wait to bring it home and try it out for size! It is fabulous…no holes, pulled threads or stains! What a steal! My hubbs snapped a picture of me holding onto it for dear life! I’ve included the pics and one after the spread was freshly laundered and layered on top of my four poster bed!




Hope your weekend was as fun and exciting! Did you find anything wonderful? Promise to share more soon!


Blessings to you…Rebecca

11 comments:

Eclectic Chic Style said...

How fun!! Your artwork on the wall is beautiful, and apparently everyone that has come along to rent that space thought so too!! Beautiful coverlet that you found too!! It looks lovely. Have a Happy Monday!! Hugs, Teresa

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a wonderful visit and how fun to go back to your old place! That lovely coverlet is such a find! Have a blessed week!

A Romantic Porch said...

OOOooo that is so pretty. My husband's aunt and uncle live in Bethany! My inlaws and 3 of my siblings went to college in Bethany! Looks like you had a fun day! xo rachel

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

What a fabulous day you had in your old stomping grounds! Your painting on the wall was/is just gorgeous! It must have felt quite nostalgic to see it again! Sweet crocheted find, too! Sounds like a perfect day!

A Southern Rose said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time! That coverlet is beautiful! That was a great price too! Your old booth was so pretty with your painted flowers on it! I bet that you did great with your booth! I know that you kept it full of beautiful things! Have you seen my booth on one of my old posts? I have it done in french country style. I keep it full of roosters, dishes, teapots, etc. It does very well and I love decorating it and stocking it. I use to manage a gift shop for 8 years and I miss that very much! I guess that will always be in my blood. LOL

Thank you for stopping by and leaving the sweet comments. It made me feel better to know that there are sweet caring people out there. You are so sweet!

Hugs,
Lee Laurie

Tanza said...

Ooohhh ~r~
So Sweeeeet.. LOVE the crochet coverlet.. Looks BEAUTIFUL on your bed.. What a fun day, with Mr. AGP.. I'm sad, I wasn't in tow..boohoo.. The shoppe looks ever so wonderful.. Don't you just love treasure hunting ?! Especially when we come home with some !!! Love to you my sweet, adoring,friend.. Have a blessed day.. hugs for you ~tea~xo

English Cottage in Georgia said...

The coverlet, your new treasure, to gorgeous! What a compliment that your artistry still exists with the passing of time.

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Oh Sweet Rebecca, I just love your coverlet! What a DEAL!! Lucky you! Bless you Friend...Sharon

Sandy~Romantique Inspirations~ said...

Rebecca dear, I would like to borrow you to do some paintings in my home ok? Your paint work is beautiful. Wow after ten years, who would want to get rid of it?

The crocheted coverlet is wonderful, I got one at a garage sale for a great price too. I have a chair covered with mine. They are so beautiful and the versatility are endless with those.

You have a Nice Day!!

Anonymous said...

I did. I found them in my new place. I plan to set up an area right quickly to share the "items in the wall" pictures.

Love your new throw. I like anything that could have been made by hand (even if machine done) in any generation. The older the better. I swear, i'd go antiquing on the back of a mule if I could!

Mary H said...

Rebecca~
What a great find! I felt this way recently when I found a wonderful panel of genuine barkcloth for a good price. I was so excited, I almost got sick!
Hugs to you...Mary

Blog Archive