Saturday, October 17, 2009

~GET 'ER DONE - Have Your Mammogram TODAY~

~GET YOUR MAMMOGRAM TODAY~

OK Ladies...this LITTLE REMINDER IS JUST FOR YOU...

In case you need a little push (I pray you DO NOT!), please, please, PLEASE schedule your yearly Mammogram today! And...if you don't do month Self Breast Exams each and every month then I BEG YOU to begin that today as well! Doing this one tiny little thing each and every month could very well save your life.

Truthfully...I hate the entire process. I hate doing the self-checking thing. It's scary and I struggle to know exactly what it IS I'm looking for. Still...I know my body and I trust my own instincts to notice something that isn't right. AND...just in case I miss something (which is POSSIBLE!), I go every single September for my yearly Mammogram. I go because I love my husband! I go because I love my children! I go because I love myself! As you can see below I was thankful and blessed to receive a good report again this year. Thank you, God.


~A GOOD REPORT AGAIN THIS YEAR~

At present I have five (YES FIVE!) friends that are dealing with Breast Cancer. All are in one stage of treatment or another and I'm thrilled to say my sweet friend, Judy the Beauty, is cancer free. Two more are doing fabulous, one is struggling and one is truly suffering.

Want to know how four of the five found their cancer?

Self Breast Exams! Beautiful Judy(she's really gorgeous - outside & inside!) had a Mammogram and they missed it! After successful chemo and a long recovery, she is doing great now. Thank you AGAIN, God!

May God be with all of you who are either dealing with cancer or are close to someone who is. I'm sure ALL of us know SOMEONE whose life has been changed by this disease and it is my continued prayer that we will all see it wiped out in our lifetime.

Love and blessings to you as you check, check, check and recheck those beautiful Boobies of yours....Rebecca
PS: If you are a MAN and you follow my humble bloggie I encourage you to support the women in your life, be it your Mother, Sister, Wife, Lover, Daughter or Friend... It's quite possible your loving support and encouragement could help save their very life!

19 comments:

Debra@CommonGround said...

Great reminder, Rebecca, that's my thinking also, "know your body". It is amazing how many women go through this. Have a wonderful weekend!
Debra

bj said...

Thanks so much for this post, Rebecca. I, too, have something pink EVERY single day of this month on my blog. Women can not have too many reminders and I am so pleased to see how many bloggers are posting PINK...!!

cottagepinkperfection said...

Rebecca, thanks for taking the time to promote breast cancer awareness. I am a nurse and want to say that men too can develop breast cancer, so let's not leave them out. They should also see a physician for any unexplained bumps or lumps. Thanks again Rebecca for being pro-active in the fight against breast cancer.

blushing rose said...

Please remind MEN to do breast exams also, as they have breast cancer issues as well as do women, that are seldom brought to fore.

My daughter just last week had a tumor removed from her breast, altho we don't know more than this yet.

I have also just received a good mammogram report 3 weeks ago.

I have have lost many women friends from breast cancer ... for them I grieve such beautiful women are now angels.

This is wonderful news that you have received a clear report also.

Have a lovely weekend. Love ya ~ TTFN, Marydon

Operation Smiley Face said...

Rebecca, great reminder. As you know I was diagnosed with Stage 4 Metastatic Breast Cancer in Aug. I just wanted to add one thing to your comments and that is for ladies (and men, they get breast cancer too!) is to report ANYTHING unusual to your doctor! For example the "texture" of your breasts feels different. Don't ignore anything that is unusual for you.
Babet

Julie Marie said...

Hello Rebecca... I too cannot stress this enough... I lost my dear sister Jo to breast cancer several years ago... she was the strongest, bravest lady I have ever known and I miss her so...Julie Marie

Abatevintage said...

Rebecca what a beautiful cross sticth. Its so wonderful. Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

Blessings,
Heidi

Happy Pink Saturday

Anonymous said...

My appt. for a Mammo is the 29th!! I always get it done in October... After watching the tragic way my Mom died of breast cancer I swore I would NEVER do that to my daughter!! Neglect is no excuse.....
Have a Great Evening!
Love,
Marilyn

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Rebecca....I go this Wednesday for my annual mammogram ...I am hoping for a good report like you got. It seems like you hold your breath until they tell you everything is ok!~Patti

Andrea said...

Thank you for the loving reminder! May we all listen, listen, listen!!! Breast Cancer, any cancer, is serious business.

May your friends and others in need be touched today in the name of Jesus Christ.

Love you, Rebecaa!

Andrea

GwendolynKay said...

Thank you for the reminder... I thought you said it best... that you do it because you love your husband, children, etc. We need to think outside of ourselves. Blessings to you on this pink saturday.
Gwen

Linda said...

It's scary to hear that a mammogram missed a spot that a self exam (thank goodness) found!
I have both a mammogram and a doctor do a hand exam every year. A dear friend of mine just had a lump removed and thank goodness it was benign. She has four kids!
Thanks for the reminder. Life is too short and too precious.

Elyse said...

excellent message. i go on the 30th but thanks for the reminder for self-exams.

xo

blushing rose said...

G'eve, Rebecca ~ I was just showing Harold the pics of your cookie cutters that Tanza posted ... he was really impressed.

Hugs, TTFN ~Marydon

Dolores said...

Oh Rebecca, thank you for this reminder!
I'm the biggest chicken in the world. I'm having my first colonoscopy next week, and because of your reminder.... I'll also schedule my mammogram this month.
I know I must take care of myself, so I can take care of David.

Thank you so much for your sweet comments on my blog.....My prayers are with you and your family.

Love,
Dolores

June said...

Thanks for the reminder sweetie. I need to get this done soon. Another great post!
HUgs,
June

Pat @ My Tattered Elegance said...

I wondered if I would know if I did find a lump, but I don't wonder anymore. I didn't find it in my breast, but at my waist line. It was nothing, but sure scared me until I saw my doctor. Your right we all need to check. I do my checking at night after I lay down in the bed. My doctor said that was a good way to feel anything and I do have my yearly check. Now we need to also get all our men over forty to get a yearly PSA test. My dad died with prostrate cancer and now they can find it so easy with a yearly test. Thanks for giving this reminder.
Hugs, Pat

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Rebecca,
God Bless you and your wonderful report this year. And, God Bless those you know that are dealing with Breast Cancer.

I have my exam every spring and am also thankful for my letter with a good report, I too received this year.

Thank you for bringing attention to this really easy test that is quick and so well worth it, along with monthly self exams too.
I might also add the importance of having a bone density test to check for Osteoporosis. Painless, easy and also very necessary for the future health of one's bones.

Thank you for sharing!

Life is precious handle it with care and prayer!
Love to you, Celestina Marie

My Pink & Cream Cottage said...

Hello my beautiful friend that I have neglected lately (sorry) but hinest I DO have a good excuse. My gorgeous Mum has lost both breasts to this hideous disease but is still with us, so I KNOW where you are coming from! I agree with you Hun have the mammogram, do the self examinations BUT also have a scan, the three things together give us Women a better chance of detecting the dreaded. I send all my blessings to your two friends who are struggling with this disease, good grief Sweet I really REALLY wish them a full & complete recovering, when you see or talk to them next give them a *Kiss & Cuddle* from me.

Have missed you while I have been away, feels so good to be back.

Have a great night Hun

Lyn xxx

Blog Archive