Monday, October 24, 2011

~~~~A SHABBY FRENCH PARIS BOOKLET~~~~~ and a little bit more...

 
 ~PINK ROSE DRESS FORM~
Paris Chic

One of the fun things I worked on early last week was a collection of little French Booklets showcasing an altered art dress form filled with pink roses.  Initially I was a bit disappointed in the way the coloring of my image transferred onto the cover.  Seemed a bit washed out at first, but once I had the Booklets finished I was more than pleased with the final outcome!  
~SWEET AS ORNAMENTS~

The coloring isn't quite as vivid as the greeting and note cards I sell, but I really the love antiqued look and feel overall!  They look time-worn and totally shabby!
 ~VINTAGE STYLE PAPER INSIDE~

The inside is full of aged, lined paper and a tassel, cording and ruched ribbon come attached to the left side!  I only have five of these ready to upload onto my website.  I'm going to put them into the Christmas Ornament Category because for now that is where they best fit!
~PINK ROSE EIFFEL TOWER~

Last Thursday I also finished a few (I mean like six five/I'm keeping one!) of these charming Pink Eiffel Tower Christmas Ornaments.  They are hand painted with a soft sugary pink paint and come graced with four tiny roses as the base...
 ~SHABBY FRENCH CHIC~

The ornaments are hand blown glass and come with an attached ribbon in pale pink.  They are dipped in real ground glass and coated with a bit of shimmery glitter, too!  These will be on my website sometime this evening as well!
~VINTAGE STYLE 'WINDOW'~

While out running around last week I found this amazing window-looking-thingy and I just fell in love with it!  Reminds me of an antique stained glass window frame from a 1930's church!  It's made of aged wood and metal and came as you see it!  YUMMO!  Isn't it fab?

Not sure where it's going to end up but for now it's to the right of our French Doors going into the backyard!  Very shabby-romantic looking to me and I love it!!!

I'm back in my studio this week working on more new product.  I'm fairly caught up even with being away over the weekend...  I'll be out and about checking out what you've all been up to in the next couple of days...

Hope your week brings good things your way!

Love to you...

15 comments:

Brenda ~ The Heminger Farmhouse said...

Good Monday Morning Rebecca :) Yup, it's the start of another week ~ Love the arched window, and especially the Eiffel Tower ornament!! I think I need one of those to put on my shabby christmas tree!! Hint, Hint :)

Warmest hugs, Brenda

Anonymous said...

Love all your beauties but I just love the look of the little books. The aged look reminds me of something my Grand mother may have had!!
Marilyn

NanaDiana said...

Hi Rebecca- WOW! Your booklets and ornaments are just beautiful! I love them! I can see why you need to keep at least ONE for yourself! I'm glad you had nice weekend to rest-now GET BUSY-you have lots of people that need your artwork! xo Diana

Becky said...

Goodmorning dear Rebecca.Im in love with all of these.But...I truly think that the Eiffel Tower is just so exquisite.You do such lovely work.I visited your shop yesterday....everything I loved had a sold sign on it.God Bless you and continue have such lovely things.

Unknown said...

How do you do it? Everything you touch has a romatic feel. Me? I got nothing but plain.

Have you always had this talent?

cindy

Anonymous said...

I love your work. Just wondering where you find your images...?

stefanie said...

always beautiful1!!

Denise said...

Rebecca,Wonderful goodies as always.I loved all of it.Blessings Denise

Mari said...

Hello Rebecca~Your french booklets turned out beautiful :) and your new Eiffel tower ornies are just dreamy!!!

xo~Mari

Rebecca Nelson said...

To Susan: Tried to comment back to you to answer your question but your profile is blocked. The image you asked about (mannequin) I created from a photograph of a dress form and vintage roses from a old post card!

Hugs~R

Julie Marie said...

Hi Rebecca, oooh your French booklets are so dreamy!... and the pink Eiffel Tower is just so sweet too... and I love, love love your old church~look window frame!... xoxo Julie Marie

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Oh sweetie everything is simply charmin' but I've fallen in lust with your little window thingy! You do such a great job girl!

God bless ya and have an extraordinary week in your studio!!! :o)

Unknown said...

All so beautiful, but those books are stunning!
xo
lynn

Linda Breedlove said...

LOVE your notebooks, Rebecca! The image is fabulous!!!

ShabbyESP said...

Hello Rebecca,
I love the books you made they are so sweet and so is the Eiffel Tower is gorgeous!!!

Enjoy your day sweet friend!!
Suzann ~xoxo~

Blog Archive