Sunday, October 9, 2011

~~~~THOUGHTS ON A SUNDAY MORNING~~~~ Remind Me

On Friday night I spent the late afternoon and evening hours with my daughter, Adrienne.  My girl is all grown up now and if there is anything in my life I still struggle to reconcile in my mind is how unbelievably fast her childhood years passed by.

One day she was baby.
One day she was starting school.
One day she was working her first job.
Then one day she married her beloved and was gone.
 Anyway, working a full time bank job and attending college classes (all while being married) leaves little time for my girl to experience fun things!  I must admit I sometimes feel left out of her busy life and easily miss the days when she was home and forever by my side.  Outings of any kind with my girl are both a rarity and a treat for me these days.  I've grown to cherish the alone time I have with my only daughter and when I come away from being with her I'm reminded once again what an amazing human being she is.

Early this morning as I was getting ready for church I was reminded of God's incredible love for me and just as I long to spend time my daughter He longs to spend time with me.  It's sometimes difficult for me to understand, but as much as I miss my child God misses His time with me even more...

When I get too busy for Him, well...I'm just tooooo busy.....

As I waited for my Mr. AGPMan to brew a pot of my favorite wake-me-up coffee this one constant prayer kept coming running through my mind...
 Lord...remind me today you desire only to be my first love and I need to keep in step with you.  Help me to walk willingly beside you even when I think everything you are doing is wrong.  Remind me, even when I grumble, complain and accuse you of not caring, that in reality I am doubting your wisdom to lead and guide me.  Please help me to remember that you know things I don't, that you see clearly from the beginning to the end.  Remind me where I once was and where I am today because of your severe mercy and grace.  Help me to stay focused on you and your plan for my life regardless if I'm on the mountain on in the valley.  Remind me afresh and anew the sunrise you have once again granted the world brings with it new promise of your faithfulness in all things...Amen. 

"Acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your paths."
(Proverbs 3:5-6)

Blessings as you seek the face of the Most High...
Love to you...

15 comments:

klara said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts I always love them

Julie Marie said...

As I am sipping my morning coffee, I am taking in all of your beautiful words my friend...and taking them to heart... love your Sunday posts the best, and love you too!... xoxo Julie Marie

Anonymous said...

As I began to read your prayer I realized it was very similar to a novena my GF & I were sharing recently. We both have our reasons for sharing this prayer together which may differ, but we both shared the same love to help lift each other up & let God do his work within each of us. Beautiful reminder! Hugs. Tammy

Unknown said...

Rebecca - you don't know how much I needed to see that prayer this morning. I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes and thanking God for you. Hugs!

Lottie said...

What a beautiful post! Thank you for sharing your thoughts today!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I LOVE the song I surrender all that you have playing....it is wonderful!!

Yasmin Smith said...

Wonderful post today, Rebecca...
I understand your wanting to share time with your only daughter, and missing not having many opportunities with her new, busy life.
You know my story....I long to spend time with my daughter, too.
Maybe one day I will get to....
I loved the prayer, so appropriate
for today (and every day) You always inspire me to look to HIM for guidance in my pain...thank you for sharing this post...
Have a happy, fun week...Much love to you.....Yasmin

MFEO2009 said...

I have to remind myself to make time also. Lovely thoughts & prayer. :)

NanaNor's said...

Hi sweetie, I love your prayer-so very important to stay in step with Him. Sending lots of love & prayers to you today.
Noreen

NanaDiana said...

Rebecca- That just put a sting in my heart to read this- I never thought of it like that- I have 2 daughters and we rarely spend any alone time-without little children around-and how I long for that sometimes..to have them just be "my own" for a moment longer...and then you think about the Lord feeling the same way about each of us "children". What a thought- It puts a tear in my eye. Love to you sweet Becca! xo Diana

joanne said...

I've been struggling lately with missing time spent with my daughter...I don't understand how the time went so fast either but I cherish every moment we share together. Thanks for reminding me I'm not the only one who feels this way. And thank you, always, for your Sunday prayer which always strengthens me.

Barbara Jean said...

This is so lovely my friend.
I have a daughter too, and understand not having as much time with her as I would like.
She has given us 4 beautiful grandchildren for which we are most grateful. They, and her husband, are her first priority now, which is how it should be.
But, there is still the missing.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayer. a blessing on my day.

Blessings to you
barbara jean

Sell WoW Account said...

So cute and such heavenly photos.

Sell WoW Account

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Sometimes I can not believe how fast time goes and when I think of my children being little and all of a sudden adults on their own it just boggles my mind! It's like I woke up one morning and they were gone! That's why I try to enjoy my grandchildren and every possible moment with them because I know they will be grown up too soon too. Your prayer is one of comfort...thanks for sharing!~Hugs, Patti

Rena said...

Beautiful, needed prayer...by all of us, His children. Thank you so much for posting it, Rebecca.
Rena

Blog Archive