Friday, October 21, 2011

~A SWEET 'FRENCH' TRAY and a LITTLE NOEL~

Remember the old tole tray I showed you earlier this past summer?  It was new-old stock and was found still in it's original box!

Well...I painted her up with Valpar's Churchill Vanilla (Lowe's) and then decoupaged her with a sweet French image from the Graphic's Fairy (see Karen's link on my left sidebar).  This graphic is fabulous and is being used all over blogland!  Have you seen it?

LOVE IT!

I'm KINDA liking how it came out...but, if the truth be known I'm wishing a little bit I'd just painted the tray with florals...  This just might me something I give to my beautiful daughter, Adrienne, as it will go better in her home than mine!  The deeper color of creams (vs. cottage white) is truly her thing!
The second thing I worked on was a Christmas Pillow for my breakfast room.  I wanted something specific this year done in creams and whites without pinks or roses (don't faint!).  I decided to use an old Christmas Card as my inspiration and worked at recoloring it for a fresh, new look!  Haven't decided yet if I'll offer this kind of pillow on my website...
The original post card graphic was red, white and green and included holly, etc. 
I opted to streamline the look of the pillow but still wanted to include old buttons and lace for a sweet, romantic look and feel.
 I used vintage Cluny Lace on the front and back and love how it looks with the simple NOEL graphic!
 Here's the original graphic!  Amazing transformation, huh?  Photo Shop helps you do the most incredible things!

Ever thought of trying out the program?  It can be addicting!
(Don't say I didn't warn you!)
OK...I'm back to work in my studio for the day!!! 

Hope your day is awesome!  It's FRIDAY!  How can it not be!?

Love to you...

22 comments:

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Rebecca,

Like your pillow better than the tray... But as you say, with another décor it will probably work for Adrienne!
Love to you,

Mariette

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

That is a really pretty tray Rebecca! I love the graphic on it! I just posted about a tole tray that I bought at an antique sale and trying to figure out how I want to hang it. Any suggestions? Your pillow is so sweet! Perfect for the upcoming holidays!~Hugs, Patti

Unknown said...

You do some amazing work! Love it all but especially that lovely noel pillow.

Christine said...

I really like how the pillow turned out. It's beautiful. You are so talented. My mother was an artist and my siter and I have been blessed to have MANY of her paintings in our home. Your daughter will treasure the things you create for her. Unfortunately I didn't inherit any artistic talent from my mother. Have a great weekend.

Jillayne said...

The NOEL pillow is beautiful. I love the simplicity of it; the lace and the ruffle add just the perfect amount of softness - lovely!

Mari said...

Hi Rebecca~Your pillow is gorgeous!!! The try turned out beautiful, I'm sure your sweet daughter will just love it :)

xo~Mari

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Yes photo shop can be addicting or irritating!!! I am going to have to take about 100 classes to figure it out, I have spent hours and read books and online tutorials...Heck I still can't figure out the layers!! It makes me so mad, because I see the possibilities and I can't get there!!! WA, WA, Wa, Your work my darling is FABULOUS!

Carol

Chatty Crone said...

What I like is you take something that is beautiful already and make it elegant.
sandie

Heaven's Walk said...

You continue to amaze me with your ideas and your talent, Rebecca! :)

xoxo laurie

NanaDiana said...

LOVE the way the tray turned out. Your daughter will love it because you KNOW you are going to end up giving it to her.

I have not played with that graphic program. I am afaid to start! Love the Noel pillow. It is my daughter's married name. I always find Noel things for her for Christmas! xo Diana

Theresa said...

Beauty in everything you touch:) Have a blessed weekend, HUGS!

Ivy and Elephants said...

I love how the tray turned out. The graphic you used is perfect. Your daughter is a very lucky girl, I'm sure it will look stunning in her home.
Patti

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Love your creations Rebecca! You've been busy!

Have a great weekend... hugs, Sherry

Lululiz said...

Love the Noel pillow, cream and whites certainly work for me for Xmas.

June said...

The tray is a beauty Rebecca! Love it!
And speaking of LOVE...the pillow is amazing!
hugs from here...

Unknown said...

Hi Sweet Friend!
Just a weekly visit to say hi and say how awesomely creative you are!!! You alway amaze and inspire me...been busy with Christmas goodies and the possibility of my creations going into a nee startup local shoppe soon. When things firm up I'll be a blogging about my newest venture...Lord willing!

Have a great weekend sweety!
Lorena

Linda Breedlove said...

LOVE your tray. I've bought images from Graphic's Fairy for my cards... need to go check this one out.
Hugs, Rebecca!

Jen said...

Love, love the Noel pillow Rebecca.
Just so cute1

Jeannette

Unknown said...

I love the noel pillow. Just beautiful.

Tisha said...

It`s beautifull!

~CC Catherine said...

Hi Rebecca! I love the French Tray...and the pillow is so vintage and sweet! I love buttons...there's just something about seeing buttons on anything...just makes me think of yesteryear. :) Praying you are having an enjoyable fall! :)

Deanna said...

Old lace and buttons are cute as can be!
Love this.

The tray color is nice. Like it.
Have a super duper week,
d

Blog Archive