Monday, September 20, 2010

SWEET VINTAGE ANGEL CARDS and Something Else Amazing

~ALTERED ART CARDS~

Happy Monday...are you ready for a wonderful week?

Two things to share with you today...one business and one more personal!

First...I finished the last of four vintage image Angel Card designs over the weekend and they will be ready for print this week!  Eeek!  So exciting for me!  I also uploaded the Pink Santa Christmas Cards (I know...it's early so PLEASE DON'T FAINT!) I shared with you last week to my A Gathering Place website and I hope you'll mosey on over and check them out when you have time!
SWEET PINK SANTA CARDS

You'll find several different Pink Santa styles in this line of Altered Paper Goods.  Glittery Hang Tags and Full Size Cards, Note Cards (to be uploaded this week) as well as To/From Gift Tags you can cut out for yourself!  Lots of time went into creating the Cards and Complements and I hope you will just love them!
 

Now for the second thing...

If you've followed my blog for a while you may remember the picture above from a post I did last year...

The photo was taken of me (on the left), my sister, Linda (standing beside me), and our two cousins back in 1962/1963 when I was in Kindergarten.  Linda's 2nd Grade Teacher is standing in the middle of us four little girls dressed up as Pilgrims.  We were getting ready for a photo shoot for our local newspaper and this is the only picture captured on that day by my Mother...

Anyway~back then her Teacher was a young woman...just starting out her career at Bixby Elementary School in Hacienda Heights, California.  She was much beloved and I wish I could have been taught by her as well.  But, sadly she married and moved away and our entire family lost touch with her.

Fast forward nearly 50 years...

As crazy as it may sound I was told just this morning that my sister found her dearly loved Teacher after all these years.  Is this incredible or what?  I was only 4 when the picture was snapped and Linda had just turned six.  That means her Teacher has to be at least 74...

I'm feeling a little reunion coming on~

Isn't life just great???  I don't believe in coincidences one little bit...  What was 'lost' now is 'found'!

I'm back to work!  Lots to finish up today!

Love to you~

24 comments:

Patti said...

Oh, how exciting!! I hope they will be able to get together. It is SUCH fun re-connecting with those that were once dear to us. Through Facebook, I've re-connected with friends from my high school days...not quite the 50 year excitement thing that your sister has going on, but, still, it's always fun to get that friend request from someone who knew you back in the good old days.

By the way, the photo is adorable. My dear MIL made my kids pilgrim and indian costumes that they always wore on Thanksgiving when they were little.

Have a lovey day, sweet friend.

Love,
Patti

Bring Pretty Back said...

Rebecca, The Pink Santa cards are so pretty!
That is amazing she found her teacher! I hope they do have a reunion!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

Deanna said...

That's really neat, Rebecca!
d

fannipauline said...

What a lovely post today--Beautiful cards and good and happy news about finding a beloved teacher. I still remember my kindergarden teacher. Her name was Miss Padula and she was pretty as I remember her. I know that none of my teachers are alive as I will be 80 in November, but I still remember many of them with very loving thoughts.

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Rebecca,
Your cards are beautiful. You do such lovely work.

I'm glad that you are getting to see your past teacher, I've often thought of a few of my favorite ones and whatever happened to them.

Enjoy.

hugs
Sissie

Connie said...

Isn't it wonderful to find people after so many years?! Ooooh, sugar, I just found my high school friend whose father was the chaplain who performed our marriage ceremony and is now 95 and in a nursing home with Alzheimers. She told him and her mother hubby and I are still married and her mom understood but not her day probably. It is so delightful to find her after so many years and correspond once again.

Visiting with our sweet ggd and going home tomorrow to stay until spring! Oooh, honey, how I hate leaving my home.

xoxo,
Connie

Mari said...

HELLO SWEET REBECCA,

OMG!! THESE ARE TRULY BEAUTIFUL, YOU DID AN AMAZING JOB ON THESE :) I WILL HAVE TO GET SOME....LOL
LOVE THE GIFT TAGS!!!
HOW GREAT FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY TO REUNITE WITH YOUR BELOVED TEACHER AFTER SO MANY YEARS...AHHHH MY FRIEND GOD IS SOOOOO GOOD :)

HUGLETS~XOX~MARI

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh my gosh, Rebecca,
That is amazing that your sister found your teacher!!! What a blessing!! And you all look so adorable in this pic..how precious!
AND I love all your Christmas tags--so elegant and gorgeous!!!
xox
Sending love and hugs your way,
Cindy

Theresa said...

Such a sweet picture and you girls are just precious! I am happy that you all have found the teacher and that a reunion is coming:)

Love your beautiful cards! Great work my friend!

Blondie's Journal said...

I hope Linda does reunite with her teacher. The teacher will probably be thrilled as well {may not remember Linda after having taught a zillion kids!}. tHis is really amazing and I hope they take advantage of it. I'd love to meet many of my old teachers!!

xoxo
Janie

Oklahoma Granny said...

It's wonderful that your sister has "found" her kindergarten teacher.

Unknown said...

Beautiful post Rebecca and you sure make a cute pilgrim! XOXO Marilou

Kim B said...

Great story and adorable photo of you, sis and cousins.... Those cards fantastic. Love them..
hugs,
Kim

Nancy's Notes said...

Oh my heavens Rebecca, your angel art card are precious! Be still my heart, I love your Pink Santa cards, they are exquisite! Oh girl, I can't believe your sis found your teacher, that will be a reunion and I know there will be some tears shed! What an incredible happening!

Hugs,
Nancy

My Pink & Cream Cottage said...

Hello Rebecca.... well what can I say here except *breathtaking*....
Hoping you are having a great day.

Lyn xxx

Shabby T said...

Oh my doesn't God just amaze you on how he makes such wonderful things happen...
AND FOR THOSE "PINKTICKLIOUS"GREETING CARDS(THIS IS A WORD I USE FOR ALL THINGS THAT ARE PINK AND ARE SIMPLY GORGEOUS)I'M SO IN LOVE WITH THEM AND I GOTTA HAVE THEM SO I WILL BE VISITING YOU SOON GOTTA WAIT TIL PAYDAY THOUGH...

NanaDiana said...

Rebecca- How unbelievable is that! Isn't it wonderful that God has purposed to connect all of you after all of these years? I, for one, don't believe there is anything like that that is ever really chance.

That old picture is just adorable! You girls were so cute...Hey you still are-lol

Good job on your new cards/tags. I will have to check them out! Hugs- Diana

stefanie said...

Christmas.....ahhhhhhh, I am not ready, well I never am...those are gorgeous!

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Oh Rebecca, I love your cards, their just gorgeous!!! That's wonderful that your sister found her teacher after all these years. I had a teacher that I always wondered what happen to her and where she might be, she was my favorite of all, well one day when I had my Antique store she came in, I kept looking at her I knew, that I knew her from somewhere, and then it hit me, and I ask her name, and it was my teacher from the 2nd grade, she only lived about 25 miles from me. I was just trilled to get to see her again after all those years, and couldn't believe how close we lived to each other! hugs~~~~ Daphne

Edie Marie's Attic said...

What a great discovery!! Oh how wonderful it would be to get together with her. I remember my 1st grade teacher in the same manner... she was one of the great ones in my book. God is good!!

Hugs, Sherry

Anonymous said...

Just love the pics!!
My love of reading & love of history comes from many & one teacher. Miss Heffernan. She was a neighbor of ours & from "old school" the 3 R's. She passed away several years ago. She was a task-master at school but to know her personally she was a wonderful inspiration to many of us students!!
Have A Great Day!!
Love,
Marilyn

Terra said...

Your pink Santa cards are gorgeous.
I hope you write to or meet the teacher of so many years ago. Two years ago I found my 1st grade teacher and have exchanged a few letters and Christmas cards with her. She wrote to me that she thought I would be an artist.

A Southern Rose said...

Rebecca, this was such a sweet post.

I started reading a comment from you last night about my teaset but I accidently deleted it. Could you please re-send it? I was using my phone and I haven't gotten use to it yet. :) I didn't get to finish reading your comment. Thanks you.

Hugs,
Lee Laurie

Rose said...

the cards are so beautiful. love the old photo. rose

Blog Archive