Friday, January 6, 2012

~~~SHABBY COTTAGE CHIC PAINTED FINDS~~~ And Words From A Wise Man

   
 ~VINTAGE PICNIC BASKET~

I started back to work in my studio today and I'm shocked my time off went so fast!  Bah!
 ~FABULOUS WOODEN SIGN~

Vacations never last long enough, huh?  It's a good thing I actually love what I do or else I fear I'd be in big trouble!
 ~HAND PAINTED METAL SIGN~

Can't imagine working at a job that doesn't feed my soul!!!  Today I feel especially blessed and grateful I'm able to do what I love!
~CHARMING METAL CASE~

I'm almost done with the vintage style Chalkboard Sign I showed you a couple of days ago.
 ~VINTAGE CAKE BASE and COVER~

Such fun to get back to my work even though my downtime was more than wonderful.
 ~SWEET ROUND BASKET~

When you love what you do it just calls to you to come back!!!!  I've revamped my studio just a wee little bit and love the new, better organization of it all!
~RETICULATED TRIM BASKET~
~PETITE and SWEET BASKET~

Today I'm showing you a few things I've got on the horizon.  Not sure what order I'll be painting them but all of them will be done before too long!  Lots of base painting to do and that always takes most of my time!

Hope your January is going GREAT!  Our weather has been truly amazing here in our state and that of course has me longing for Spring and I said as much.  My Mr. AGPMan reminded me yesterday as we drove by the barren trees and brown earth we must experience the dying back of the old to enjoy fresh, new life in our world.

"Don't rush time, Baber!"

he said with a big smile

"It's coming and going too fast as it is!"

I hate it when he's right...

Love to you...

12 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

Your projects look like so much fun!! I love what you have to work with! It must be exciting to have have a fresh outlook for the new year, and your studio all set up new and creative endeavors!! Have a ball! :-)

XO,
Jane

Trisha said...

I can't wait to see how these all turn out, especially the cake base and cover. I have one exactly like that and I just can't figure out what I want to do with it, so maybe you can inspire me! Hope you are having a wonderful 2012 so far!

~Trisha

Barb said...

Rebecca, I am getting ready to paint some pieces and thought of you today. My shabby side is returning. Lordy, please do help me. LOL

Hope your New Year is going great.

xoBarb

Hanni said...

Happy New Year to you! I can't wait to see what you will do with all these wonderful items. You do such lovely work!

NanaDiana said...

Rebecca- I am always excited to see what you are up to...and I can't WAIT to see that chalkboard that you are working on. Happy Back To Work New Year- xo Diana

Anonymous said...

Ooh that is one thing my hubs & try never to do, to wish away time. It is so very precious in so many ways. Your items look yummy! Huggers. T

Mari said...

Hi Sweetie~
I can not wait to see all your beauties when completed my friend, I just know they will be to die for gorgeous ;)
And I have to agree with your dear hubster, time goes by to fast!!!

xo~
Mari

Linda Breedlove said...

I understand what you're saying about working at something you love. I had my own Civil War book, art and music business for 13 years... amazing years... plus helping my husband with our craft supplies business. We were Very Much Blessed to have worked together and at what we enjoyed... as you are!
Love all these photos... can't wait to see the end results.
Hugs!

Julie Marie said...

Hi Rebecca... like everyone else, I can't wait to see everything all finished with your magic touch on them... it has been warm here too, in the 50's and I am excited for Spring... but I know we must not rush time... xoxo Julie Marie (PS Just how many days IS it till Spring?????)...

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Rebecca,
You have been a busy bee and I like the beginnings of your projects. Of course everything you create is so beautiful.

hugs
Sissie

Theresa said...

Can't wait to see what you do with all of these goodies! Have a blessed day dear Rebecca, time IS speeding right by! HUGS!

Anonymous said...

How neat! I like the trim basket quite a bit!

Can't wait to see how everything turns out!

Blog Archive