Sunday, January 8, 2012

~~~~THOUGHTS ON A SUNDAY MORNING~~~~ Happy Birthday, Steven

 ~MY BELOVED and I ~
December 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, STEVEN!

I love you to the moon and back again and
I am loving sharing my life with you!
You've been by my side for so many years...
You are my protector...
My friend...
The one I think of first in the morning
And check in with during the day.

You're the one I go to 
with my biggest news
or even my little updates.

You've been my shoulder to lean on
For so many years now.
(And my comic relief.)

You're my listening ear
And my most comforting hug.
 I love feeling the warmth of your hand
Held tightly in mine...
 ~TWENTY-EIGHT YEARS AGO~
December 1983

You were the husband of my youth
And I'm still crazy-in-love with you!
Today your children, their families and I will celebrate your life!  We are so grateful for the blessing you've been to us and thank God everyday for His gift of you!
Happy Birthday!
HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Love you most~Beck

I WILL BE HERE
(Chapman)
Tomorrow morning if you wake up
And the sun does not appear,
I will be here.
If in the dark we lose sight of love,

Hold my hand and have no fear,
‘Cause I will be here.

I will be here when you feel like being quiet;

When you need to speak your mind, I will listen.
And I will be here when the laughter turns to crying;
Through the winning, losing, and trying, we’ll be together,
‘Cause I will be here.

Tomorrow morning if you wake up

And the future is unclear,
I will be here.
As sure as seasons are made for change,

Our lifetimes are made for years,
So I will be here.

I will be here, so you can cry on my shoulder;

When the mirror tells us we’re older
, I will hold you.
And I will be here to watch you grow in beauty,
And tell you all the things you are to me;
I will be here.

I will be true to the promise I have made,

To you and to the One who gave you to me.
As sure as seasons are made for change,

Our lifetimes are made for years,
So I, I will be here.
We'll be together and I will be here.

~~*~~

Blessings to you as you celebrate the lives of those you love...

Love to you~

25 comments:

Musiqal1 said...

Thisis beautiful

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby! Very sweet and sincere tribute to the "one" in your life! ~Hugs, Patti ps...you are a very nice looking couple!

Victorian1885 said...

Happy Birthday Steven! I know your loving Family will spoil you rotten today! Enjoy..

Wanda

Marilyn said...

Have a great day celebrating and having fun. I get to celebrate Sarah's 31st birthday on Friday. She might want to go see her favorite movie in 3-D...Beauty and the Beast. January is a good month for a party!♥♫

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Hello Rebecca
Nice tribute for your hubby; at least yours still has his hair. :-)
Judith

Mari said...

Oh dear Rebecca, I wish your dear hubby a very happy birthday ;) you guys make such a sweet and handsome couple!

Such a touching post sweetie ;)
Xo~
Mari

milena60 said...

Семейного благополучия...с Днём рождения...

Yasmin Smith said...

Beautiful tribute to that handsome guy of yours, Rebecca dear!
I am sure you and the family will make his day extra special, just as he is....you are beautiful couple, inside and out, and I wish him (and you) many more happy years together.
The poem was so touching...thanks for sharing everything....
Hugs and love, Francy

Becky said...

Hi Rebecca,Happy Birthday to your husband.lol@the comment above me.

hHave a beautiful new week ahead!

Jan's Blog said...

You are an inspiration. How beautifully you express yourself. Steven, you are a lucky man! Happy Birthday!!!

okihusker said...

My Darling Rebecca, thank you so much for the beautiful post. Wow, looking at my receeding hairline 28 years ago I guess I should feel good about what I have left! :-)
I can't wait to try the incredible homemade, from scratch Chicken Parmesan meal you have worked on all morning! Thank you so much for making my day so special.
You are still my young bride and beauty. Wow, 33 years and you are still the hottest babe I know! I am so proud of you and all you do.
The years have flown so fast but the good thing is there are so many beautiful years yet to come and I cannot wait to experience them with you by my side.
Thanks so much for standing beside me as I finish my degree. I know it takes me away from you for 20 to 30 hours a week with all the reading and studying I have to do, but it will be over soon. I love you so much and thanks again for the great birthday!

Love,
me

NanaDiana said...

Okay- Well, after reading the comment from YOUR GUY my eyes are flooded with tears. I'm sure you have had your ups and downs over the years but the deep, abiding love you have for each other just shines through. What a blessing to still feel even more connected than you did as "kids" all those years ago. Love to you both- Diana

ps. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, STEVEN!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tribute to your hubby, (and a Happy Birthday to him as well)

That picture of you is so pretty! I think you just get better with age!

Linda said...

Hi "Beck"...is that what your hubby calls you? Cute!

This was a lovely tribute to the man you love. I hope he had a nice birthday!

What a darling couple you make...such a marriage made in heaven!

Love, Linda

Blondie's Journal said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet and handsome guy!!

XO,
Jane

Deanna said...

Becca Sue,
Sooooo neat that you are still in love!
Happy Birthday to your sweet guy.
God bless,
d

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I had a love like yours once and I am so happy for you, Rebecca! Your life has been blessed to know such love and I know not everyone experiences it. I did.
I have gone on to other loves but nothing like that first one that I had for 43 and almost grew old with. At least we made it to our early 60's and got to see our 14 grandchildren together.
Happy Birthday to your soul mate! May he have many, many more!
You two are so blessed!!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Reading his answer to your "Happy Birthday" has me in tears! Give him a hug for me, will you?
Mona

Theresa said...

Happy Birthday to your handsome honey! I love it when a relationship last forever:) HUGS!

Barb said...

Happy Birthday, Steven!

It always delights my heart to hear a true love story.

xoBarb

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Rebecca,

Happy belated birthday to your Steven! You will have had a very special Sunday for sure!
Missed making my blog round yesterday...
Love to you,

Mariette

PS got my WorldWide GIVEAWAY...

Jen said...

Nice post for your hubby. Happy birthday - may you celebrate many more.

Jeannette

Hena Tayeb said...

A Happy Belated Birthday to Steven. You are still as beautiful as your flashback photograph.

Jocelyn said...

What a beautiful tribute Rebecca! I love seeing the pictures. How sweet that your sweetie wrote on your blog ;-) Life is so beautiful when we are content with the one God has chosen for us, and we walk that path together. Blessings to you both.

Jocelyn @
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

Chatty Crone said...

Happy birthday to the love of your life! sandie

Blog Archive