Friday, January 27, 2012

~~~~~~~YUMMY LOVIN' FROM MY OVEN~~~~~~~ A French Toast Casserole To Make You Swoon

"Looking back, I have this to regret, that too often when I loved, I did not say so."
David Grayson

Twenty years ago I started a little Valentine tradition that involved the making of a sweet morning treat for my Mr. AGPMan and two children.  Even though both my babes are grown and on their own now I still concoct this tasty treat each year for the man of my dreams :).  Even thought it's not the slightest bit 'LOW CAL' it's absolutely scrumptious and so worth enjoying on a special occasion.
~LEFT CLICK ON RECIPE TO PRINT~

This delicious French Toast Casserole is perfect for those lazy Saturday mornings when you want to stay in bed with your honey reading the paper and cuddling until noon (you still do that, right?)!  Since all the prep work is done the night before all you have to do is pop it in the oven and you're good to go!  You can even go back to snuggling under the covers while it bakes and rises to the sweet smell of cinnamon wafting through your house!
Since I only make the casserole once or twice a year I have yet to photograph it!  I found the photo above online and it looks very similar to how my recipe comes out!  I'm not really thinking about grabbing my camera while I'm baking...
(I'm just sayin'...)

I'll be back tomorrow to show you what I've been working on this week...here's a sneak peek:
~VINTAGE LACE PILLOW~

Hope your Friday is fab!  My guy and I are going Tag SaleING in the morning and I'm excited.  He begins another in-depth Programming Class on Thursday so I won't see much of him for the next six weeks plus...

Love to you... 

15 comments:

Anne said...

Sounds yummy.I will have to try that one.We make special breakfasts every week.This will be a fun one to try.Can't wait to see the reveal.Have a great day.

Julie Marie said...

Okay... I am swooning... over both the French toast and the new project you are giving us a sneak peek of... love to you, xoxo Julie Marie

Brenda ~ The Heminger Farmhouse said...

This sounds YUMMY!! Love the sneek peek of what you've been working on ~ can't wait to see more!!

Have fun tomorrow ~ looking forward to seeing what treasures you find that are waiting just for you :)

Warmest hugs, Brenda

Jill said...

What time is breakfast at your house? :)

Have fun at the tag sale. Can't wait to see what you find!

NanaDiana said...

I make something very similar for my family...but not for Valentine's Day...what a special treat for your honey.

I hope you have fun saling tomorrow. That won't happen here for at least 3 more months..make that 4! Enjoy every moment before he starts school again. xo Diana

Cheryl said...

Ohhh yummy Rebecca, I have a desert recipe that is almost identical made with croissants - going to have to give this a go!
Hugs
Cxxx

Becky said...

Sounds delish!I will definately copy this down and make it.My girls would love the recipe too I bet.

When you get some free time please visit my blog.You have such great taste in decor and everything else Id like your input on my blog today.Im thinking you wont like it though,LOL.You seem to prefer soft colors.But nevertheless,I would love your comment.


Happy weekend to you! Blessings~~

Sherri B. said...

Yummy! That is a great idea for Valentines morning or even a Birthday breadfast..really like that it is done ahead. - Loving the new look of your blog! xo

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Rebecca I love your new blog look!! It is beautiful!!!

The french toast sounds yummy!!

Theresa said...

Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to see what beauty you have created! Have a blessed weekend shopping with Mr. AGPman! HUGS

Jocelyne said...

Thanks for the recipe. It sounds really good. Even better - snuggling in bed until noon or so! Good luck at the tag sales this weekend. Blessing to you ~ Jocelyne

Jocelyne said...

Oh! I forgot to mention that I really like the new look of your blog!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I went Garage sale-ing today and got a couple of great finds...so have fun tomorrow!!

Ivy and Elephants said...

This sounds divine! A perfect way to start your Valentine's Day.I've already printed out my copy.
I'd love to have you link up at WIW and share with the rest of us!
Hugs,
Patti

Linda said...

You are full of delicious ideas Rebecca! This French Toast sounds wonderful! Thanks!

Blog Archive