Thursday, August 11, 2011

~~~SHABBY COTTAGE CHIC PAINTED ROSES~~~ What's Coming Up Next

~PAINTED PINK ROSES COMING TONIGHT~

Later this evening I'll be uploading the latest of my Painted Pretties to my A Gathering Place website.  I've been a busy girl this week enjoying some quiet time painting pink roses in my studio.  Now that my Mr. AGPMan is back in school I seem to have a lot of that these days.  He's doing great by the way...  But, the pressures of an accelerated program are pressing in.  Lots of study time is needed and not much time for rest.

Your thoughts and prayers are always appreciated!
 ~VINTAGE BABY SHOE PIN CUSHIONS~

I've spent many a hot day this summer base painting product for Christmas decorating and gift giving.  I have to plan far ahead or by mid November I run out of paintable finds!  It will turn chilly and cold before we know it!  Oklahoma has the great distinction of being named the hottest state in our nation during the month of July...at least since temps have been recorded.
 ~SWEET ROSE FRAMES~

My town suffered through a great windstorm a couple of days ago and many homes and business have some serious damage.  But, today we enjoyed the most beautiful soft rain and seeing it fall took my breath away.  Rain...Rain...RAIN!  The earth seemed to drink up the sky's water and truthfully I was overcome as I watched the parched ground take it in.   It's so easy to take nature for granted.  I'll never again look at rain (or 110 degree days) the same again.

Thank you, God, for the reprieve!
~HAND PAINTED ROSE HANGERS~

Anyway...much to be thankful for today.
~LOVE SIGN~

Hope you are having an awesome day!  My Miss K is coming over this evening to spend the weekend with me.  Last one before school starts.  I'm in for an exciting weekend!  She's starting Third Grade!  THIRD GRADE!  Can you believe it?  As much as I love painting, as much as I love sewing, as much as I love cottage decorating, junking, slumming and altered art design work, NOTHING compares to the love I have for my family.
~MISS K...LAST SPRING~

Being a Momma and a Nana will always be my greatest love...the best gifts and blessings from God.

They are my truest passion. 

Love to you...

16 comments:

BrushedByAnAngel said...

Your items are always beautiful. Your little grand daughter looks a lot like you. Time does fly and they are grown before you know it. Enjoy the rain, it is raining our way now and it is always the best time for me to paint.
Brenda

Cheryl said...

Gosh Rebecca, you do the most stunning work, really it is exquisite. I agree with you there is nothing like rain. We are inclined to take these things for granted, but I love rain no matter when it falls. I am considered by those that know me to be a bit abnormal in my love of cooler gray weather. Have a good rest of your day

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

My grandson started 3rd grade last Monday. I can't believe how well he reads already. And computer..he has me beat hands down already!!!

NanaDiana said...

I love all your things, Rebecca-Those frames are just darling.

And little MissK? Well, she is adorable. Don't you just love that "new teeth" part of childhood...when they are changing from babyhood into young girls.

I love how you love your family-xo Diana

Brenda ~ The Heminger Farmhouse said...

Lots of beautiful painted pink roses!! I have to say, my favorite is the Hanger, as I love the detailing of the design! I can sooooo see that hanging somewhere...okay...everywhere, lol, in my home :)

Have a wonderful time this weekend with Miss K :)

Warmest hugs, Brenda

KatyDidStitches said...

I should say, you HAVE been busy, girl! I've been away for a long weekend with my hubbin...and now I'm trying to get caught up around the house. I popped in just now to see how you are...and WOW! Beautiful roses blooming everywhere!

I love Miss K's happy, goofy smile. You two have a wonderful weekend together, ya hear?

Kathy

BeautifulDees said...

You are an amazing lady with talent galore...I marvel at you. I am so glad you got some rain. Yes Family will alway's take presidence over anything anytime.
Thank you for your beautiful blog.
Love,Debbie:)

Kerri said...

Your rose pretties are gorgeous as usual, keep painting! Love to look at your stuff. Oh and your grand daughter looks a lot like you in pics I've seen when you were young! Enjoy your weekend with her :)

xoxo
Kerri

Marilyn said...

Have a terrific weekend with that cutie pie! She looks like she just caught a leprechaun and he had to tell her where his treasure is! Little does she know... she IS the treasure.♥♫

Kim B said...

Miss K is a cutie pie. I love all the hand painted roses and off white tin looking sign is my favorite (i know you were wondering..just kidding)
Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Hugs, Kim

Chatty Crone said...

She is such a DOLL! Have fun this weekend!

A Southern Rose said...

What pretty things! I love them all. I love your painted roses on anything. Your little grandaughter is so cute. They grow up so fast. My 'baby' just started the 5th grade a few days ago. It just doesn't seem possible. Thank you for the sweet comments that you left for me the other day. They made me smile. I finally posted a few pictures yesterday of my wedding. They came out a little blurry...I had to take pictures of pictures to be able to have them for my blog. Oh....and I forgot to tell you, I used the pillow that I got from you at my wedding. :)

Hugs,
Lee Laurie

Jocelyne said...

Rebecca, I love your roses! You do such a beautiful job. I really like the tin and I'm hoping you're putting it in your store! I linked to your blog in my most recent post about a Madeover Lampshade. I found your tutorial and I loved it! Come over and see what I did.

Dolores said...

Oh Rebecca,,,,,your pink roses are so gorgeous!

Miss K is growing up so fast....enjoy every moment with this precious and beautiful granddaughter....

Glad you had some rain....I'm trying not to be jealous....

Debbie said...

Your roses are so beautiful Rebecca!
Everything is so pretty and romantic.
Spending time with family tops everything, doesn't it?!
Enjoy your time with the precious Miss K!!!
xxoo

Carol said...

I see so very many beautiful items on display, soon to be added to your Shoppe. You know me, I will be watching ;)
And your sweet Miss "K", she is such a lovely young lady. She is so Blessed to have such a loving family & it shows in her smile.

Oh and BTW, send us some RAIN..we are parched in Texas..

Carol from
Good 'Ol Texas

Blog Archive