Sunday, August 7, 2011

~~~~~THOUGHTS ON A SUNDAY MORNING~~~~~ Unfailing Love

A loving account of God's stubborn love was summarized in the book of Luke.  In the parable Jesus told about the Prodigal Son, a teenager who decided that life on his wealthy father's farm wasn't nearly as exciting as he wanted it to be.  So with his pockets full of shiny gold coins and his share of his inheritance money, he abandoned the comforts of home for life on his own.  No rules and certainly no father breathing down his back.

The son, of course, blew his money, lost all his fair-weathered "friends" and after living a pig's life decided to return home.  He swallowed his pride and began the long walk back to the house of his father.  When he got to the top of the hill, his father, who saw him when he was still a long distance away, began to celebrate.  He had been waiting all along to welcome his boy home.  Amazingly the son's apology could not be heard over his father's words of forgiveness...
(Luke 15:11-32)

~~*~~

Want to know what I'm feeling today?

I long to have the heart of the Father.  Forgive without question and possess a love so stubborn and lasting that I offer it up unconditionally and never, ever let go.

My life, the good, the not-so-good, the joyful, the hurtful, the amazing and even the disappointing, is in His Hands...

~~*~~ 

STUBBORN LOVE
(Grant, Bannister, Chapman, Smith, Towner)

Caught again - Your faithless friend
Don't You ever tire of hearing what a fool I've been?
Guess I should pray - But what can I say?
Oh it hurts to know the hundred times I've caused You pain
The 'forgive me' sounds so empty when I never change
Yet You stay and say 'I love you still'
Forgiving me time and time again

It's Your stubborn love that never lets go of me
I don't understand how You can stay
Perfect love embracing the worst in me
How I long for You - stubborn love

Funny me - Just couldn't see
Even long before I knew You, You were loving me
Sometimes I cry - You must cry too
When You see the broken promises I've made to You
I keep saying that I'll trust You though I seldom do
Yet You stay and say You love me still
Knowing someday I'll be like You

And Your stubborn love, it never lets go of me
I don't understand how You can stay
Perfect love embracing the worst in me
How I long for You - stubborn love

It's Your stubborn love that never lets go of me
I don't understand how You can stay
Perfect love embracing the worst in me
And You never let me go
I believe I finally know
I can't live without Your stubborn love
 ~~*~~ 
Blessings for a beautiful Sunday in His presence.

Love to you...
 

18 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Beautiful... blessings to you too my dear friend... xoxo Julie Marie

Unknown said...

Thanks dear friend! I needed reminded of this right now. God never ceases to love and forgive us right where we are and remind us to so of others..even our headstrong children!

Love that song sung by Kathy Tricolli...its one of my hubbys fav to....be very blessed and you have blessed me today.

Hugs..Lorena

June said...

This is a beautiful write Rebecca! Of all the many stories of love in the bible this is my favorite. It shows what is expected of all of God's children. Love without failing.
Thank you for reminding us today!
sending hugs...

Kerri said...

Happy Sunday to you Rebecca!

xoxo
Kerri

Dolores said...

So beautiful and inspiring.... thanks!

Chatty Crone said...

I hope you find your hearts prayer today - I have been in need of the exact same thing! Love your post.

Jenna said...

That was a wonderful post for this wonderful sunday...Hugs, Jennifer :o)

Christine said...

Beautiful. I get chill bumps just thinking about his amazing love for me.

stefanie said...

perfect post!!!

Lady Lola said...

Lovely. You've got a really beautiful blog, Rebecca!

Kim B said...

God has changed me in wonderful ways. Oh to be closer to Him. Happy Sunday. Hugs, Kim

Theresa said...

I love what you said...

"My life, the good, the not-so-good, the joyful, the hurtful, the amazing and even the disappointing, is in His Hands..."

It IS in his hands:) We just have to realize that and let HIM handle it! I had a life lesson this past weekend:) Have a blessed evening, HUGS!

Debbie said...

What a lovely post, Rebecca!
LOVE your boldness in Christ.
Hugs,
Debbie

Mariette's Back to Basics said...

Dearest Rebecca,

Yeah, yeah stubborn love, that is a good subject!
Lovely post as usual; you got a patent for that.

Wishing you a lovely week ahead and I'm looking forward to my train case in the mail!

Lots of love,

Mariette

Victorian1885 said...

Beautiful post..take care!
Hugs,
Wanda

Grannys Attic said...

Beautiful Rebecca! We all need lifting up and reminded of GOD's love for each of us. Thanks for sharing and touching my heart today. Blessings, Vicky

donna!ee said...

amen sister...in His presence thru the good AND the ugly! blest be :)

Carolyn said...

Hi Rebecca,

I will have to pull that song up on You-Tube and listen to it....I love the words. Don't believe I had ever heard it before. I believe God has a message to me in those words today. He seems to be showing me His unfailing love of late regardless of my shortcomings and broken promises...how incredibly undeserving we are to have such an awesome Father! :D Praise HIM!!

Love to you,
Carolyn ~ Cottage Sunshine

Blog Archive