Saturday, August 6, 2011

~~~~~~~ A SWAP TO MAKE ME SWOON~~~~~~~ And Treasures from Piney Rose Melissa

Ooo....I'm so late with my Saturday post!  Constantly coming, going, creating, working or playing around here!  Sometimes squeezing in a moment or two to BLOG is difficult~

Sooo~here I be!  Late or not, today I just had to share with you something exciting that came my way this past week.
 
First...the back-story~
 
I "met" Melissa from Piney Rose Cottage several years ago during the height of my eBay selling days.  She'd pop in now and then with the sweetest emails and one day I got word that she had been one of a group of ladies that had written ROMANTIC HOMES MAGAZINE about my work and SOMEHOW that led to being in several issues of their amazing magazine.  Ever since then I've tried to keep tabs on her.  She's blessed me more than I can say...
Anyway, a couple of months back while visiting Miss Melissa's sweet Bloggie I read some chatter about a MATCHBOX SWAP she had either hosted or participated in.  Now...I've never been in a Swap...didn't really know much about them or even what to do.   Miss M wrote me back with the details and we decided to do a Swap just between the two of us with a ship date of 8/1.
Well...a few days ago my box from Melissa arrived and it is just the sweetest thing EVAHHH!  She hand decorated a sweet matchbox and filled it up and overflowing with the neatest treasures.  Old buttons, lace (gobs of lace), trinkets, rhinestones, old roses, leaves, ribbon, picture cards, etc.
 
You name it she tucked it inside...  Not only that she sent me a separate rose tin/box filled up, too!  I couldn't believe it.  And...to make my already happy heart sing even louder she sent me a sweet card and hand written note.
Now...I would LOVE to show you the box that I sent to Melissa.  I took pictures of it and everything...but, I can't find where I put them on my computer and I've looked everywhere.  My offering to my friend greatly paled in comparison to what she sent me, however.  I'll let her tell you about it if she feels so led.  If I run across the pictures over the next few days I'll upload them for you...

Thank you, Miss M, for your generous heart.  I learned a great deal doing this FIRST SWAP and I just very well may have to participate in another one in the future!  It was so much fun and I hope you liked the FEW treasures I sent your way...
At the very least your box was painted with LOVE!  

Let it be said~
Your heart
is
MUCH MORE GIVING
THAN MINE!

Love to you all this beautiful Saturday...

15 comments:

Old Time Cindy said...

How wonderful to receive such a sweet package. A blessed friendship there.

Melissa/Piney Rose said...

I'm so glad you love your goodies, lovely Rebecca! I love my GORGEOUS painted box and each and ever lovely thing you sent as well -I'm taking pics and will prepare a post later tonight! Love to you!

Linda Breedlove said...

An amazingly lovely array of goodies. What a treat for you to receive such treasures. I did my first swap a couple months ago and my partner was Deb Hickman, whose rose I just added to the card on my post today. Lots of fun!

Linda said...

A match box swap! Wow...that's something I haven't heard of. But she made a cute little box...and I am surprised that she could find anything that small to fit inside.

The other bigger box is lovely too. She is a kindred spirit for sure! (:>)

That is just a lovely gift!

Have a blessed Saturday my friend....and a good Lord's Day!

Linda

Kim B said...

What fun and looks like you got a lot of wonderful goodies. Hope you have a lovely Sunday, Hugs, Kim

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

How wonderful Rebecca to receive such a beautiful package. I know you were thrilled.
I also know that what you sent her is just as lovely.
Isn't this heat horrible try to stay cool
Love
Maggie

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I don't believe a word of that Rebecca! I am SURE your treasure to her was just as wonderful as the one you received. There is nothing more fun than getting real mail!! Love blogging...but I personally still love my mailbox! Have a great Sunday!!

D. Jean Quarles said...

Such sweet presents. Just lovely.

Anonymous said...

THAT IS A SWEET IDEAL... MATCH BOX SWAP... AND YOU ENJOYED IT SO MUCH... THAT IS GREAT... HAVE A GREAT SUNDAY... LOHOMA

Becs said...

Hi Rebecca, your blog is so lovely. Everyone has a first swap and we all feel like we didn't do enough. But I assure you your gift was just as awesome to your partner. Becs

Chatty Crone said...

Well it sounds like your swap was a win win situation. You received many wonderful things and I KNOW she did.

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Hi Rebecca
Who would of thought you could get that much stuff in a match box? Lovely trinkets in there, so you, so she must know your likes.
Cute idea for a swap.
Judith

Tina said...

What a beautiful box and so filled with goodies. You´re one lucky lady Rebecca. Aren´t those box swaps just so much fun. Love what you received.
Have a beautiful day.
Tina

Anonymous said...

What a delightful idea to decorate match-boxes to swap!! The one you received is just gorgeous!! And all the little "pretties" you received inside it...delightful!! I am sure yours was equally gorgeous and the receiver is thrilled, too.
I hope you have a happy week...I want to add COOL to that, but I think we are stuck with this awful heat for a while.....
Love and hugs, Francy

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

How fun to do your first swap! They are so much FUN!!! You get to create and give treasures! You two did a great job on your matchboxes and goodies!
Warmly,
deb

Blog Archive