Friday, January 15, 2010

~MORE FREE CLAPSADDLE GRAPHICS...and The Beauty Herself~

~Sweet Ellen Clapsaddle~
At About 10 Years Old

Last week I shared with you some aging graphics from the ever popular Miss Ellen Hattie Clapsaddle. By now you know how much I love this artist's work. While doing even more research on her life I FINALLY found a couple of pictures of this extremely talented lady! I just had to share them with you... From what I understand these are the only two photographs of her that remain today.

~Ellen Hattie Clapsaddle~
At About 20 Years Old

While organizing some of my seasonal images I came across a few more I think you will just love. I know it is early in the year, but for those of you who plan ahead (like me!) Easter isn't all that far away!

Feel free to use these darling Clapsaddle images as you please. I'd love to see what you do with them!

~Original Easter Postcard~

~Sentiments Removed~


~Isn't She Wonderful?~

~Cleaned Up A Bit~

~Brundage or Clapsaddle?~

~Cleaned Up - Sentiment Removed~

The vintage postcard above is unsigned and I'm not positive who the artist on this one is. Sometimes the work of Frances Brundage and Ellen Clapsaddle looks similar. I've included this one for you because I love both artists!

Blessings to you as you continue to create beautiful things within your happy heart...Rebecca

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

These graphics are so beautiful!! I can't imagine being able to create something so lovely. They were true artists!!
Thank You for sharing!!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

Cherished Treasures said...

Dear Sweet Rebecca,

Thank you for sharing more of your collection of graphics. I know I will find just the right projet to use them on.

The one with the girl in the pink coat and black knee pants reminds me of Mary Englebeit's work.

Have a wonderful blessed weekend.

XOXOXO, Carol

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Good Morning Sweet Rebecca...
Your post is absolutely beautiful as always.

I love the little girl inside of the egg. She is just bursting with love and excitement. Thank you for sharing them with me today.

I pray you are all well. I am finally starting to feel a little better today. I have been battling bronchitis for almost 10 days now. It has so affected my asthma making it quite difficult just to breathe. A little better today.

Take care sweet girl. Happy to see you again as always.

Country hugs, Sherry

Dolores said...

Good morning Rebecca!
You manage to find the sweetest and most beautiful graphics!
I must add the word "precious"..... they are precious!
Love,
Dolores

The Feathered Nest said...

Thank you so much Rebecca!!!! These illustrations are so beautiful ~ what an incredible talent ~ wishing you a wonderful weekend, xxoo, Dawn

Secondhandrose said...

What a wonderful collection you must have. Thanks for sharing sweet lady!
karen

Simply Debbie said...

OH REBECCA,
WE CERTAINLY SHARE THE SAME LOVE...THESE ARE SHEDDING TEARS BEAUTIFUL.....THANK YOU...THANK YOU FOR SHARING THESE. AWESOME...DANCE A JIG AND SQUEAL LIKE A LITTLE PIG AWESOME...LOVE...LOVE...LOVE THEM.
WHEN I CAN AFFORD COLOR INK AGAIN I WILL TELL YOU WHAT I WOULD DO WITH THE PRECIOUS ONE IN PINK STANDING.....I WOULD COPY HER OFF....CUT HER OUT...GLUE TO A THICK POSTER BOARD....YOU COULD PAINT BUT I WOULD HAVE TO USE A VERY SOFT ROSE PATTERN ON THE BACK WITH WORDS OF SOME SWEET SETIMENT AND PUT A VINTAGE RIBBON TO HANG IT...IT WOULD LOOK DARLING IN A CHINA HUTCH..HANGING FROM A DOOR KNOB, ETC...AND I MIGHT ADD A VINTAGE EARRING SOMEWHERE.....WHAT YA THINK...OUR MINDS WOULD GO NUTS...WISH WE LIVED CLOSER
LOVE YOU SO MY FRIEND
SIMPLY DEBBIE

Anonymous said...

Hehe... I giggled when I saw the egg graphic. Adorable. Once again, thank you so much for sharing your graphics. They are just the most precious little illustrations. Hugs. Tammy

Sue said...

Hello Rebecca
Ellen Clapsaddle was a beautiful and talented lady, the images you have shared are beautiful, thank you for sharing.
Blessings,
Sue

Martha's Favorites said...

Rebecca: You have such a beautiful blog. It is always a feast for the eyes and the soul. Thank you for not forgetting about me. I still need your prayers. I just love all vintage pictures you have up. Hope all is well with you dear friend. Blessings, Martha

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Hi Rebecca! I am a Clapsaddle fan myself! I appreciate the pictures you shared of her. I never thought about their being any pictures of the artist herself, so I enjoyed seeing those. Her artwork is so sweet. I collect postcards and have some of hers and a couple of Brundage ones. I kind of think the last one looks more the Brundage style. I sure appreciate you sharing these images with us. Enjoy your weekend. Twyla

Ginger said...

Thank you so much for sharing your vintage images. I am just CRAZY IN LOVE with them, I have always been a fan of these style images and I just can't thank you enough for letting me use them.

Ginger

The Rustic Victorian said...

Hi Rebecca!
Your blog is a treat I don't give myself often enough..silly me. Your images are wonderful, and I enjoyed knowing the artist names. Your pillows are beautiful like your roses, and overall style. I like the way you have 3 columns and blogposting on the left...how did you do it...I'm enjoying your music too, so nice when you have insomnia to spend the time here.
Many blessings in your Sunday.
Love
Marcie

Blog Archive