Tuesday, January 19, 2010

~VINTAGE PINK HEARTS and Hand Painted Cottage Roses~

~VINTAGE HANGING HEART~


I've never been one to make resolutions when a new year arrives, but this year I did PROMISE MYSELF (is that a resolution?) to complete the gazillion half-finished projects languishing in my studio. For several years now I've loved painting up these charming old Heart Kitchen Molds!


~HANGING HEART~
How Sweet It Is


But~ I get easily sidetracked doing other things if I'm not careful. Since the Hearts were already base painted with my favorite sugary pink paint, I opted to finish all I have over the weekend. I don't plan on purchasing any more of these sweet aging beauties... They are getting really difficult to find~ Besides, vintage kitchen trinkets and treasures just seem to just fly off those estate sale shelves faster than I can grab them up!

~SUGARED with GROUND GLASS~


With Valentine's Day just a few weeks ago I thought this would be the perfect time offer them up for your enjoyment. I 've listed a few on eBay and later today I plan on listing a few on Etsy as well. Each Heart hangs from silky rayon ribbon and comes graced with a single hand painted rose on the front and a little pink rosebud on the inside!
~Sooo ROMANTIC~


The Heart is individually wrapped in a cello bag and is tied up with a frothy pink ribbon. Tied onto the side is a charming little To:/From: Hang Tag. Don't you love the sugaring on the outside? It's real German Glass Glitter...LOVE IT!


~Gotta Love The HANG TAG~


~SERVED UP IN STYLE~


I just love all the sugary pink sweetness, don't you?

Blessings to you as you share special little keepsakes with those you love...Rebecca

18 comments:

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Hi Rebecca!

Sooooo cute, as usual!

Hugs,
Spencer

Dolores said...

Hi sweet Rebecca,
Your art work is so delicate and beautiful!!!
Your art work is really a reflection of your beauty and personality....so sweet and beautiful!
Hugs,
Dolores

Cynthia K. said...

Hi Rebecca ~ Those hearts are the most beautiful things - simply exquisite!! You are amazing! Everything you make is touched with great beauty.

I also adore the fabulous mirror you beautified on your last post. It was already dreamy and then with your touch, it became just divine...(deep sighs).

I think you are definitely remaining true to your calling. Bless you....

Cynthia K. (Beauty and Blessings)

Unknown said...

Rebecca, sweet friend ~ They are breathtaking, as all your work is. Sweet aromatic fragrant scents of imagination take one drifting off to another world, just viewing your creations.

Love you, Marydon

Unknown said...

PS I wrote you a note on your email, please read ... TYSM Marydon

Unknown said...

Just popped in to say HI...of course, I think that button pillow is so cuuuuttteeee!!!!
that's a keeper...
the ornaments are adorable, too.
blessings, glenda

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Rebecca,
I just stopped by to see what you're up to as I've been away for several weeks. Love your sugared hearts; so very pretty! Thanks for sharing and have a lovely evening.

Blessings,
Sandi

Rita said...

Hi Rebecca,
your hearts are so precious and oh sooooo romantic.
You did a great job gal, just like everyting project you undertake.
I'm green with envy as I have so many unfinished projects: shame on me!
Fondly
rita

Victorian1885 said...

Rebecca..they are lovely!
You are truly talented!Blessing from Canada.

Wanda

Anonymous said...

Adorable Rebecca!

Cottage Rose said...

Hello Rebecca; OH How gorgeous they are.... I am sure they will go fast,, so Romantic looking.... have a great week.

Hugs;
Alaura

A Southern Rose said...

I love them, they are beautiful! I plan on getting a lot of unfinished projects done too this year. Looks like you are off to a great start!

Hugs,
Lee Laurie

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness! Those are so sweet! Perfect for Valentine's day!

Tanza said...

Hi my sweet ~r~,
Ooohhh ... I LoVe your "sweet hearts" mmmmmm .. how many do I have ?1 Probably 6 .. I leave them around all year long .. PiNk, RoSes, hearts .. what could be more PeRfEcT !! These are soo Rebeccaish ... Sooo true to what you LoVe and create !! And, did I say "I LoVe Valentines DaY !! One of my favorite special days .. Ooohh .. the Romantic in mee !! Talk to you soon sweet one .. Have a relaxing evening ~
ps LOVE THAT MIRROR !! You go Girl !!
PiNk hugs and kisses xo
~tea~

Ginger said...

Rebecca,
Your vintage hearts are just beautiful, looooove them. So pink and sweet!! You scored on the mirror, don't you just love to find good estate sales?

Hugs
Ginger

Barbara Jean said...

Rebecca,
They are all so beautiful.
I do love coming over and seeing all your wonderful art.

blessings

barbara jean

Tara said...

Your beautiful hearts look sweet enough to eat. You have such an amazing talent for creating beauty Rebecca!

The Rustic Victorian said...

Hi Rebecca!
Sooooo pretty!! The mirror turned out perfectly beautiful!
Blessings in your day!
Marcie
ps.yea and horray for Senator Scott Brown!

Blog Archive