Tuesday, January 12, 2010

~VINTAGE VALENTINE IMAGES...Wonderful Things To Share~

~VINTAGE VALENTINE~

I've shared with you all many times before that I've collected vintage graphics for many years now. If you keep your eyes open you can snag some really great deals on aging postcards, greeting cards and even trade cards...you just have to know what to buy! Don't let surface damage scare you away from purchasing old paper goods that are in less than perfect condition! With the computer technology of today most any graphic can be repaired and/or changed to meet your needs and lots of repairs can be made with just the click of a button.

~ALTERED POSTCARD~

Take the two images you see above. The top one was scanned once using my Epson Stylus Printer/Scanner. I wasn't crazy about the gold hearts dangling from the original artist's work and so with my Paint Shop Pro10 I removed them from the second one. I also removed the Valentine Sentiment in the corner and completed the tip of her elbow as well. The image was blurred around the edges and a border was added. I have plans to use the one I've altered (the one with my biz name) but feel free to use the top one as you please.

~VINTAGE DUTCH GIRL~

Here is another sweet Postcard! Since I'm just not that into little Dutch Girls with hats I opted to remove the entire image inside the heart.

~DUTCH GIRL REMOVED~

Wouldn't this be sweet turned into a frame for a favorite photo? If you are handy with a knife you could cut out the heart and attach a little picture to the inside. You may use either of these as you please!

~VINTAGE CLAPSADDLE~

Here's a darling Clapsaddle Valentine! Another one of you to use as you would like!

~VINTAGE TUCK (?) POSTCARD~

I'm not 100% sure but I think this vintage Valentine was originally produced by Tuck & Sons! It is unmarked... Again, use as you please!

Don't let your computer scare you away from learning a new Program or two. If I get stumped on something I just GOOGLE what I'm wanting to know. USUALLY I can figure stuff out on my own. And when I can't...I just yell for

H**E**L**P!

Be brave!

Take the leap!

DIVE IN!

YOU CAN DO THIS!

The possibilities are endless!

Blessings...Rebecca

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful graphics... Great ideas!!
**Smile**
Marilyn
xxoo

Dixie said...

thank you Rebecca.. how sweet of you to share...

blessings. Dixie

Anonymous said...

I really adore the one you altered.It looks so nice with the softer look to the background.I love the clapsadle one.Ive never heard that term before,Im slowing learning about all of this and finding it really interesting Rebecca.

Dolores said...

Good morning sweet Rebecca,
The vintage graphics are so precious!!! They bring back wonderful memories to me. Now I'm showing my age, but I do remember giving and receiving Valentines with the beautiful little girls similar to the ones you are sharing..

I must say again, "you are a blessing!"
Love,

Char said...

Rebecca, I am in the woods when it comes to scanners, printers and pro shop. I know nothing about messing with graphics but I have to say you make it sound so simple and even a possibility, Char

Lisa said...

Lovely! Thanks so much for sharing! You do so much research it is exciting to visit and learn something new!! THANKS!
I agree. I just go for it with the computer. I am reasonably smart have a diverse background I just go for it!! And then I ask for help! hehe
Hugs, Lisa

Terra said...

Rebecca, you are very generous to offer some of these sweet images for us to use.
The idea of removing the Dutch girl from the frame and then pasting a photo in the frame is brilliant.

Anonymous said...

I find patience is a must when photoshopping the images to get them as near perfect as possible. It is well worth the effort in the end and then tweeking images or blending them with others is fun too. I'm learning slowly but it's all worth it. Hugs to you. Tammy

Laura said...

OK Rebecca-
I trust you-
I am going to try new things on my computer!
Laura

Tara said...

Great ideas! Thank you for sharing some of your collection too. Have a splendid day my pretty!

Anonymous said...

I used to sew on an old Singer machine my Mom used to own on the mission field. What else could one use without electricity? Lovely post!

Unknown said...

Hi Rebecca!
You are the sweetest! Thanks so much for sharing! I love too share mine as well! These images are just such a works of art!

Hope you doing well!

Blessings..Lorena

Cottage Rose said...

Hello Rebecca; That is so cool what you did with those cards.... I need to get that program.. I would have such fun with it.... thank you for sharing them with us... you are so sweet.... have a great week.

Hugs;
Alaura

Ginny said...

Thanks for sharing. I love vintage cards and I will copy a couple of those. I don't have a paint shop program, so I may just get some card stock and make my own valentines! I am not as creative with the computer as a lot of folks!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Sob! NO I can't! I can barely use this silly computer (I'm sorry computer!) because you see I'm actually a bit afraid of offending it. It goes completely haywire from time to time, won't let me even sign on etc. etc. I just haven't got the nerve to try anything like you do. And..it's the time of my life that I have become a bit apathetic. I can't believe I said that, but it's true.

I burst out laughing when I saw your comment on my "Great day for a wedding" post. :) My poor baby girl was in tear before the whole thing was over. (Ok, we BOTH were!)

I took the little Valentine at the top...sooo cute! Thanks so much, Rebecca~!
By the way, have you seen Tammy from "A Stitch in Thyme?" I am really sort of worried. I will drop her a line.

Hugs, and thanks for the freebies! :)
Mona
p.s. I love you back, you sweet thing!

Anonymous said...

So lovely!!Thanks for sharing....Kathy

victorian inn bed and breakfast said...

These are all the great ideas and all the beautiful thoughts and imaginations and all the blog is so sweet and tender.

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

One of these days I'm going to have to sit down and try to figure the whole Photoshop gig out. I've tried.........and cried......... :-) I had no idea you could actually re-purpose cards like that. I've taken something out of a background but success was actually an accident!

Hugs,
Spencer

PS....thanks for sharing!

Barb said...

Thank you, dear Rebecca. I love learning new things.

XOXO
Barb

Blog Archive